- All staff are working remotely and will continue to respond to your e-mails and calls.
- All in-person JA programs and activities have been, or will be, postponed or delivered virtually when feasible. In-person programs will resume when deemed safe and in accordance with each school district's plans to resume normal operations.
- Pursuant to Governor Charlie Baker's mandate announced on March 15, 2020, prohibiting meetings and events of 25 or more people, we will postpone our Spirit of JA Celebration from April 16 to a new date to be announced this Fall.
JA's volunteer-delivered, kindergarten-12th grade programs foster work-readiness, entrepreneurship and financial literacy skills, and use experiential learning to inspire students to dream big and reach their potential.
Inspire and Prepare Young People to Succeed
Junior Achievement of Northern New England
Helps Prepare Today's Students for a Bright Future
Why Junior Achievement?
JA helps students realize that the education they are getting today will help them to have a bright future tomorrow. JA's unique, volunteer delivered programs, show them all of the possibilities that lay before them. They realize they can choose different paths; College? A specific trade? Start their own business? Through your participation as an organization or as an individual, these statistics below can begin to change in your community:
- 20% of U.S. students will not complete high school on time and earn a diploma.
- 49% of U.S. employers recognize that talent shortages impact their ability to serve clients and customers.
- 36% of Americans say that they have at some point in their lives felt their financial situation was out of control.
- 91% of millennials wish they had greater access to entrepreneurial education programs.
JA Event Spotlight
The Spirit of JA Celebration
Each year corporate and civic leaders gather for Junior Achievement's annual dinner to help build a better Northern New England. Join us in the Fall for an interactive evening where discovering the JA mission is the theme. The night will include hands-on demonstrations, student participation, and a program that will bring the impact and mission of JA to life. There will be a special keynote speaker, silent auction items, and we will recognize leaders who embody the spirit of community commitment to youth education.
JA Bowl-A-Thon Fundraisers
Enjoy an evening with co-workers and colleagues for a "Party with a Purpose!"
Junior Achievement's Bowl-A-Thon brings together companies and business professionals for a night of networking, camaraderie, and fun. Participating in a Bowl-A-Thon not only helps raise awareness and funds for Junior Achievement but is also a great team building activity for companies.
JA Golf Classic
|This fundraiser features a great day of golf with on course lunch and drinks followed by a cocktail reception, silent auction and awards dinner. Spend a day networking and supporting Junior Achievement at this beautiful golf course.|
JA Awarded Cummings Foundation's $100k for 100 Grant
We are proud to announce that Junior Achievement is one of 100 local nonprofits to receive grants of $100,000 each through Cummings Foundation's "$100K for 100" program! This generous grant will support JA programs in Lawrence, MA over the next three years, including the continuation of the JA Company Program with Merrimack Valley high school students. Thank you Cummings Foundation!
Which Way To JA?
Your corporation can support the growing need for youth development in Northern New England by helping today's students with the critical skills and the character necessary to succeed in your 21st century workplace.
— OR —
Not affiliated with a corporation partnered with JA? You can make a donation directly to JA of Northern New England!
By volunteering for JA through your organization, you can be in the classroom during work hours and you can share your experience and inspire young people to pursue their dreams.
— OR —
Not affiliated with a corporation partnered with JA? You can volunteer in your community directly with JA of Northern New England
Quality volunteers from the community come into your classroom to deliver proven, hands-on programming that inspires students to understand the opportunities provided by education.
— OR —
LEARN MORE ABOUT JA PROGRAMS
Not an Educator? Find out how you can get JA programs into your New England school!
Watch the Video
"Junior Achievement has given me a sense of what adults go through with budget issues."
"Junior Achievement reinforced concepts for me to remember later in life."
"I thought the experience was amazing. The presentation was unlike anything I've seen."
"I liked how the Junior Achievement volunteer explained his job to us."