VIRTUAL VOLUNTEER OPTIONS: 2020-21 SCHOOL YEAR
Click image to view/download pdf.
What you need to know:
- JA provides everything you need!
- Training is specialized to your chosen volunteer option
- Materials are provided to engage with students virtually
- We'll provide tips on student engagement
OPTION 1: VIRTUAL RECORDED VIDEO
Record a 5 minutes or less short video highlighting and recapping session content as a subject matter expert.
- JA Staff members will share sample prompts for you to answer in your recorded video
- Teachers share videos with students later
OPTION 2: VIRTUAL REMOTE "BEAM IN"
Join a classroom live for a 15-minute session to share your background, lead a discussion with students related to a session topic, and serve as a subject matter expert to share information relevant to the topic.
- Hosted by the school or JA on a video platform
OPTION 3: VIRTUAL REMOTE FULL PROGRAM
Deliver an entire JA program with educator support.
- One-day, one-session
- Multi-visit leading 4-5 sessions
View our current opportunities for sign up here
Share your volunteer interest and information here
Interested in volunteering with JA Girl$? Click here
I WANT TO BE A VIRTUAL CLASSROOM VOLUNTEER
JA of North Florida is looking for volunteers to teach Junior Achievement programs virtually for elementary, middle school, and high school classes. Each volunteer will teach ~30 minute lesson with the option to teach additional lessons as your schedule accommodates. The Junior Achievement team will provide all the proper materials, training, along with connecting you to your assigned teacher.
If you would like to volunteer as a guest teacher, click the button below to sign up!
I Want to be a Virtual Classroom Volunteer
I WANT TO BE A VIRTUAL JA CAREER SPEAKER
We are looking for virtual volunteers to share their "job story." Our goal is to provide students with a broadened spectrum of jobs in North Florida while also giving guidance, reassurance, and perspective during this pandemic; and provide teachers with a free online resource, easy to assign and easy to assess. You have two options:
1) You can share your "job story" interview style with a Junior Achievement Team Member. We would coordinate a date and time with you and ask the questions below while recording via any of the following platforms: Zoom, Skype, Facetime. If you would like to be interviewed, email email@example.com.
2) You can record yourself via your phone or tablet in horizontal mode. You will answer the questions below in separate videos, each one lasting ~3-4 minutes. Your total video, when edited together by the JANFL team will last ~15 minutes. Feel free to watch this virtual JA Career Speaker example video
to get the idea of setting, spirit, and length. Try to make sure background noises are minimal and that your speaking voice is clear and audible. When complete, send your five videos to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can upload via Google Drive, One Drive, or DropBox.
Career Speaker Series Questions:
1. Introduce yourself with your name, job, any family or personal information you'd like to share.
2. What did you do after high school? Did you go straight to college and if so did you major in the field you are currently in? Expound.
3. What does a typical day look like for you (when you aren't socially distancing). Do you work M-F? Weekends? How much do you travel?
4. Now that you are practicing social distancing what does a typical day look like? What has stayed the same?
5. What do you hope people learn out of this temporary change in our world and our new normal? What are POSITIVE things you've observed that come out of challenging times? How did you prepare financially, if at all, for a situation such as this?
For JA Girl$ Volunteers: 6. As a woman at work, what words of wisdom would you like to share with girls as they dream big about their tomorrows?
VIEW JA CAREER SPEAKER SERIES VIDEOS
Disclaimer: By sharing and tagging JA of North Florida on your video through social media, you grant permission to the rights of your image, likeness and sound of your voice as recorded on audio or video without payment or any other consideration. You understand that your image may be edited, copied, exhibited, published or distributed and waive the right to inspect or approve the finished product wherein your likeness appears. Additionally, you waive any right to royalties or other compensation arising or related to the use of your image or recording. By submitting your video, you hereby release any and all claims against Junior Achievement of North Florida in utilizing this material.