Junior Achievement (JA) is the world's largest and fastest-growing organization dedicated to inspiring and preparing young people to succeed in the global economy. Volunteers, educators, and donors make this possible!
Through a dedicated volunteer network, JA provides programs for students in grades K-12 educating them about:
- Work Readiness
- Financial Literacy
Since 1952 Junior Achievement of Mahoning Valley has been an active force in the life skills and educational enrichment programs in Ashtabula, Columbiana, Mahoning and Trumbull Counties. During the past six decades we have reached more than a half million young people, both in the classroom and after school, in order to foster relevance and understanding of how the real world operates, so that they might be better prepared to plan for their future. Our programs reach every grade level and every ethnic and economic demographic and for many of the schools and students, the JA experience is one of the highlights of their academic year.
To inspire and prepare young people to succeed in a global economy.
Our Core Values
- Belief in the boundless potential of young people
- Commitment to the principles of market based economics and entrepreneurship
- Passion for what we do and honesty, integrity and excellence in how we do it
- Respect for the talents, creativity, perspectives, and backgrounds of all individuals
- Belief in the power of partnership and collaboration
- Conviction in the educational and motivational impact of relevant, hands-on learning
- Educating over 13,000 students in more than 600 classrooms in Mahoning, Trumbull, Columbiana, and Ashtabula counties
- JA is funded by: individuals and corporations, private grants and corporate foundations, special events. JA does not receive government funding and is not a United Way designated agency.
- We are proud of the more than 500 mentors who gave 90,000 contact hours of their time to provide these educational experiences to local students.
Junior Achievement of Mahoning Valley is a member of Junior Achievement USA and is a part of a global organization that operates in 123 countries and reaches 9.7 million students. Click here for more information on the global reach of JA.