JA Academy for Leadership and Entrepreneurship / 3DE by Junior Achievement
Congratulations! Marley Torres, a JA Academy Senior at Oak Ridger High School, is a National Merit Scholarship Semi-Finalist! The National Merit® Scholarship Program is an academic competition for recognition and scholarships where approximately 1.6 million high school students enter the program each year. 50,000 of those students are recognized by the National Merit® Scholarship Program, and 16,000 of those students become semi-finalists
JAA/3DE Virtual Volunteer Series: "Empowerment Hour by JA"
Presenteted by JA Volunteer: Nina Guilford, Co-Founder, Fringe Transformation Group
For high-achieving students, the quality and relevance of their education is essential. At the JA Academy for Leadership & Entrepreneurship (JA Academy), students are challenged, engaged and enlightened about the boundless business and career opportunities that await them.
The JA Academy is an innovative magnet school in partnership with Orange County Public Schools that teaches students leadership and entrepreneurial skills through an integrated and challenging high school curriculum.
Our courses are designed to connect students to Central Florida's top leaders and entrepreneurs, stimulate their imagination and prepare them for a successful future as part of America's free enterprise system.
Independent third-party evaluations of the first 3 years demonstrated that JA students outperformed their peers on all of the measures examined including: PSAT tests, Reading benchmarks and Algebra Course Grades. Download the 2015 Evaluation Brief.
Our Program Features
- A "full immersion" curriculum that blends leadership, business, and academic concepts and promotes the principles of free enterprise
- Hands-on experiences such as job shadowing, internships, volunteer opportunities, field trips and executive guest lectures
- Mentoring and networking through JA's vast network of business supporters
- College credit through AP classes
- A state-of-the-art facility and learning technology, including a laptop for each student
- Qualified teachers with curriculum developed with real-world business executives
- Guidance and support for college and scholarship applications
- Completed portfolio at graduation to assist with college applications and scholarships
- Business plan development for entrepreneurial endeavors or career choices in business
- Broad "life" preparation skill
3DE by Junior Achievement
3DE is the evolution of the JA Academy and re-engineers high school education and pushes students to discover solutions to real-world challenges, connect the relevancy of education, and develop the knowledge, skills and confidence to thrive in today's ever-evolving economy. 3DE's multifaceted approach to learning uses case methodology to integrate real-world connectivity into the standard high school experience. This universally effective approach to learning is the anchor for interdisciplinary pedagogy, relevant connectivity, and authentic project-based application. Coursework is complemented by career readiness experiences including career-site visits, interacting with business coaches, and consultancy experiences. The result is a high school experience that reflects the dynmaic pace of activity and interconnectedness of life beyond the classroom walls.
3DE dedicated teachers set high expectations and foster a strong sense of community among their students. Year-over-year, the curriculum layers in defined competencies to continually build students' skills and mindset as they advance from facilitated learning to self-directed. By the end of their four-year high school career, students graduate with the knowledge, skills and confidence to thrive in postsecondary and beyond.
- Information about the new 3DE by Junior Achievement at Osceola High School can be found here.
- More information about 3DE by Junior Achievement at Oak Ridge High School can be accessed here.
General information about donating to the JA Academy can be found here. Donors may also help support the JAA Student Scholarship Fund, helping students get the most exceptional four-year high school education in Central Florida; or the JAA Polo Shirt Campaign, allowing our students of all socio-economic backgrounds to be one team working together toward their individual goals.
If you are interested in donating directly to the JA Academy please call (407) 898-2121.