JA Academy for Leadership and Entrepreneurship
Located on the campus of Oak Ridge High School, the JA Academy is open to all incoming Orange County ninth and tenth-grade students. Potential students must meet requirements including a minimum weighted GPA of 2.5 for 9th and 10th grade students, evidence of leadership and entrepreneurship skills, and compliance with the JA Academy Code of Conduct, Standards & Dress Policy.
To apply, students must follow the steps for OCPS Magnet Program application.
For more information, contact:
Beth Anne Cuda
For high-achieving students, the quality and relevance of their education is essential. At the JA Academy for Leadership & Entrepreneurship (JA Academy), students are challenged, engaged and enlightened about the boundless business and career opportunities that await them.
The JA Academy is an innovative magnet school in partnership with Orange County Public Schools that teaches students leadership and entrepreneurial skills through an integrated and challenging high school curriculum.
Our courses are designed to connect students to Central Florida's top leaders and entrepreneurs, stimulate their imagination and prepare them for a successful future as part of America's free enterprise system.
Independent third-party evaluations of the first 3 years demonstrated that JA students outperformed their peers on all of the measures examined including: PSAT tests, Reading benchmarks and Algebra Course Grades. Download the 2015 Evaluation Brief.
Our Program Features
- A "full immersion" curriculum that blends leadership, business, and academic concepts and promotes the principles of free enterprise
- Hands-on experiences such as job shadowing, internships, volunteer opportunities, field trips and executive guest lectures
- Mentoring and networking through JA's vast network of business supporters
- College credit through AP classes
- A state-of-the-art facility and learning technology, including a laptop for each student
- Qualified teachers with curriculum developed with real-world business executives
- Guidance and support for college and scholarship applications
- Completed portfolio at graduation to assist with college applications and scholarships
- Business plan development for entrepreneurial endeavors or career choices in business
- Broad "life" preparation skill
Interested in learning more about the JA Academy? Download more information about our program here or select from the following:
General information about donating to the JA Academy can be found here. Donors may also help support the JAA Student Scholarship Fund, helping students get the most exceptional four-year high school education in Central Florida; or the JAA Polo Shirt Campaign, allowing our students of all socio-economic backgrounds to be one team working together toward their individual goals.
If you are interested in donating directly to the JA Academy please call (407) 898-2121.