Volunteer with Junior Achievement
Volunteers are currently needed for the following programs:
HIGH SCHOOL LEVEL
JA Finance Park Virtual™ Program
Did you know that Junior Achievement of Central Florida serves nearly 10,000 Central Florida 12th graders a year through our JA Finance Park Virtual™ program (FPV) delivered in 20 Orange County high schools and 8 Osceola County high schools? This entire program is supported by local business and community volunteers who teach easy lessons designed to help rising graduates with life AFTER high school.
We are currently seeking 60-70 volunteers to help us deliver our September JA Finance Park Virtual™ lesson.
You can be our next JA FPV Volunteer! Here is what you need to know!
- Our September lesson topic covers ways to pay for education and training after high school….a topic MANY of us had to figure out ourselves once upon a time.
- JA makes things very easy on every volunteer: we provide the easy lesson through a ready-made PPT with a script (if needed) that can be provided to you via email.
- Each lesson takes 45 minutes to share; you repeat the same lesson for each class you decide to teach. Easy! Most JA FPV volunteers teach 2-3 lessons/classes in one day based on their availability.
- Each JA FPV lesson is a blend of helpful information and sharing your personal experience with the topic – a great way to make a connection and impact on 12th graders.
- Here is the best part! As a volunteer for JA FPV, you select the county YOU want, the high school YOU want and the time period that works best for YOU.
Ready to volunteer? Here's what you should do next!
- Talk, text or email your colleagues, your team members and even your friends and family about this need for volunteers our JA Finance Park Virtual™ Program.
- Review the sign up links below and decide what school and blocks of time you can volunteer for and then sign up today before your preferences are filled.
- Consider having your team "take over" a school and fill all the open time slots! Great way to be a "presence" in a local high school your company believes in!
Visit the links below to sign up as a JA FPV Volunteer today!
OSCEOLA FPV Volunteer Sign Up: Click here to Volunteer for JA on September13 in Osceola County!
ORANGE FPV Volunteer Sign Up: Click here to Volunteer for JA on September 20th in Orange County!
CROOMS Academy of Information Technology (AOIT)
This program equips students with the knowledge required to get and keep a job in high-growth industries. Students will explore the crucial workplace skills employers seek but often find lacking in young employees. Students also will learn about valuable tools to find that perfect job, including resumes, cover letters, and interviewing techniques.
Program runs from October 19 – November 13 and Junior Achievement needs you!
Each volunteer will serve one (1) scheduled hour each week on the dates shown below:
- Oct.19 – Week 1
- Oct.26 – Week 2
- Nov. 2 – Week 3
- Nov. 9 – Week 4
- Nov. 13 - Week 5 –Last session on Teach In Day which is a Tuesday
Ready to become a JA Volunteer at Crooms AOIT?
Email JA today at firstname.lastname@example.org !