A Message from JASWIN
The case for Junior Achievement has never been stronger. Bringing young peoples' experiences between education and the world of work has highlighted the needs for our programs. Junior Achievement of Southwestern Indiana works strategically with its corporate, foundation and individual partners and volunteers, such as those you will see highlighted in this annual report, to prepare young people for success both in the workplace and in their personal lives. This past year, thanks to the help of many different partners and staff we were able to accomplish many of our ambitious goals. Because of YOU, we accomplished the following successes:
- Reached 34 percent of students in our 11-county service area during the 2014-2015 academic year. The national average is 9 percent.
- Served a total of 26,268 students in 1,195 classes resulting in 150,077 contact hours spent between volunteers and the students they inspire.
- Doubled the amount of Career Expo students in Vanderburgh, Gibson and Posey counties to 2,200.
- Held a NEW Career Expo in Pike County serving 900 students from Pike and Dubois counties.
- Implemented Innovation Challenge at Ivy Tech with 18 teams competing for the best business plan competition. A total of 26 JA Be Entrepreneurial classes were held in five counties.
- Implemented Dollars Make Sense Financial Literacy campaign for the 2nd year in a row while rasing an additional $24,000 for JASWIN programs.
It is with extreme gratitude that we thank you for your partnership. Give yourselves a big pat on the back for empowering the youth in our community to own their economic success!