After JA Programs Local Students Said:
89% Feel confident in their ability to manage their money.
86% JA connected what they learned in the classroom to the real world of work.
88% Now have more hope for their future.
*2,100 Students surveyed by Junior Achievement of East Central Ohio 2016-17
*600 9th-12th Grade Students surveyed by Junior Achievement of East Central Ohio 2016-17
Since 1993, research has shown that even a single exposure to Junior Achievement makes a difference – students who participate in JA have a greater comprehension of economic concepts and skills than their non-participating peers.
Junior Achievement programs help
- Prepare young people for the real world
- Show Students how to generate wealth and effectively manage it
- Show Students how to create jobs which make their communities more robust
- Explain how to apply entrepreneurial thinking to the workplace
Research has confirmed that JA:
• Encourages students to become entrepreneurs
• Helps students understand the importance of staying in school and improves attendance
• Helps students outperform traditional economics students in all areas
Other notable findings from the longitudinal study have found:
• JA middle school students were significantly more likely to aspire toward a college prep program of study when they reached high school and they were more likely to hold higher aspirations for their careers.
• JA students were more likely to enter college immediately after high school.
| || |