Two one-week sessions, 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM:
Monday - Friday: June 18 - 22, 2018
Monday - Friday June 25 - 29, 2018
Who can attend?
Open to kids entering grades 5 through 8 in the 2018-2019 school year.
Also accepting applications for Junior Counselors (high school students who volunteer to help the younger kids at camp!)
Please contact Pete Crozier at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about attending a 2018 JA BizTown Summer Camp or signing up to be a Junior Counselor.
What happends at JA BizTown camp?
At this camp, the kids run the place.
JA BizTown Camp gives kids the opportunity to experience what it's like to work in a job and run a business. But it's much more than that!
JA BizTown Camp is an indoor, academic camp that combines classroom-style teaching with hands-on activities. Much of the camp experience includes working with other campers of different ages on group projects.
Concepts learned and applied at camp:
· Entrepreneurship – brainstorming ideas and bringing them to life
· Job preparation – applying for and interviewing for a job
· Business expenses – what are they and how do businesses cover costs
· Marketing – why and how to communicate your products or services
· Customer service – why it's important to business success
· Tradeoffs – what to do when business resources are limited
· Making money for a business – how costs and sales affect profit and loss
· Teamwork – working with a group to reach a goal
· Personal banking – using a checkbook to pay for things you need or want
And much more!
Please contact Pete Crozier at email@example.com if you have any questions. Thank you Columbus!