What is Junior Achievement?
Financial literacy, entrepreneurship, and work readiness are the pillars of Junior Achievement of Oklahoma's curriculum, which is taught to kids in kindergarten through twelfth grades with the help of volunteers. Junior Achievement of Oklahoma is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that was founded in 1966. We have 2 offices in Oklahoma City and Tulsa.
During the 2015-2016 school year Junior Achievement of Oklahoma:
- Helped teach 56,243 students relevant concepts of work readiness, entrepreneurship and financial literacy.
- Over 9,588 JA BizTown® citizens
- Connected 4,011 business & community volunteers to classrooms
- Awarded 6 scholarships to graduating JA students
- Over 1,100 students competed in the JA Investor Challenge
- Over 1,200 high school students learned work readiness skills through JA Job Shadow and JA Workplace Internships