Junior Achievement of Abilene Career Opportunities
The Education Manager is responsible for the day-to-day functionality of the Junior Achievement programming within cooperating school districts. This position is also supports the Executive Director in daily operations of the organization, as well as assisting with special events as needed.
- Part-time nonexempt, approximately 20-25 hours a week
- Flexible work schedule: will work more during the school year and less (or not at all) during the summer months and holidays
- Reports directly to the Executive Director
- Organize Junior Achievement programs within the schools served by JA of Abilene
- 8 School Districts: Abilene, Wylie, Clyde, Brownwood, Eula, and Jim Ned
- Responsible for approximately 200-250 programs per school year
- Communicate details regarding curriculum, class periods, and dates of the program with teachers, administrators and volunteers
- Continue to provide follow-up throughout the length of the program
- Find replacement volunteers to fill the absence of volunteers who need to miss their committed class time
- Follow JA of Abilene's developed volunteer recruitment strategies
- Coordinate and recruit volunteers to fill programs
- Train new volunteers and offer continued training to returning volunteers, either onsite at Junior Achievement of Abilene or outside the office
- Follow JA of Abilene's stewardship plan for all educators, volunteers and organizations who provide volunteers to JA
- Submit class and volunteering information into a constituency management system (BCRM)
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office
- Capability to speak in front of audiences ranging from 1-30
Previous experience with program supervision
Proven experience in volunteer recruitment
Previous experience working with a constituency management system
Interested candidates should submit their resume to Sarah Franz, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related duties required by their supervisor. This document does not create an employment contract implied or otherwise, other than an "at-will" relationship.
"Junior Achievement has given me a sense of what adults go through with budget issues."
"Junior Achievement reinforced concepts for me to remember later in life."
"I thought the experience was amazing. The presentation was unlike anything I've seen."
"I liked how the Junior Achievement volunteer explained his job to us."