Thank you to everyone who came out to support JA of Acadiana while having a great time!
Photos: JA Acadiana 2016 Bowl-A-Thon Photos
2016 Prize Winners
Top Fundraiser: Capital One Bank, West Congress Branch
Best Costume: Julie Menard, IberiaBank
Top Score: Roscoe, Acadian Companies
Junior Achievement's Bowl-A-Thon is a fundraising event where JA partners come together to raise money for JA student programs in a fun teambuilding atmosphere. More than 125 bowlers will come together for a day of FUN with door prizes, raffles, and awards all for a great cause!
Beginning in August, the official "Kick-off" is hosted by Junior Achievement to bring together new partners, company coordinators, team captains, and those new to the JA Bowl-A-Thon. When a partner company decides to participate, they will name a Bowl-A-Thon Company Coordinator who will work closely with JA staff. The Company Coordinator will then select various individuals from their business to serve as Team Captains who will organize their 5 person team(s).
The Kick-Off Lunch 'n Learn is a great way to meet other JA partners, learn about JA area projects, impact, and event details. Posters, Event details, Company Coordinator Guidebooks, and company goal setting are also the focus of the Kick-Off.
How the Bowl-A-Thon Works: This event is held over several sessions in November at Lafayette Lanes (Lafayette, LA).
- Several bowling session times are available for easy scheduling.
- A company can have as many teams as they wish as part of their support & fundraising efforts.
- Raise money online through email / social media - it's easy to share with others why you support JA!
- All bowling expenses, lane fees, and shoes are all paid for by JA and teams will bowl two games.
- Door prizes, awards, games, and costume themes make for a really FUN day all in support of JA programs!
- Awards/prizes given for Top Fundraiser, Best Costume, and Top Score.