Junior Achievement's Mission
Junior Achievement of Alaska is a non-profit organization whose mission is to educate and inspire young people to succeed in a global economy. Since its founding in 1973, Junior Achievement of Alaska has contributed to the business and economics education of young people in over 43 communities statewide. During the 2015-16 school year, JA reached 12,000 K-12 students in Alaska.
Junior Achievement's Core Values and Purpose
Junior Achievement of Alaska maintains an active vision on how we can have a positive impact on the lives of more students -- guided by our core values:
- Believe in the boundless potential of young people
- Commitment to the principles of market-based economics and entrepreneurship
- Passion for what we do and honesty, integrity, and excellence in how we do it
- Respect for the talents, creativity, perspectives, and backgrounds of all individuals
- Believe in the power of partnership and collaboration
- Conviction in the educational and motivational impact of relevant, hands-on learning
Our core values are comprised of our core ideology: To inspire and prepare young people to succeed in a global economy.
It's not an easy task. but it's the kind of challenge that Junior Achievement of Alaska takes on with creative energy, fervor, and decisive action.