JUNIOR ACHIEVEMENT OF ARKANSAS CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
Regional Director (FT, Salaried) Located in Benton & Washington Counties, AR
EFFECTIVE DATE: August 22, 2019
APPLICATION DEADLINE: September 1, 2019
POSITION TITLE: Regional Director (FT, Salaried) Located in Benton & Washington Counties, AR
REPORTING MANAGER: President
To identify, inspire and invite individual, corporate, educational and foundation partners to support Junior Achievement of Arkansas through financial gifts, grants, volunteering and sponsorships in Northwest Arkansas (Benton & Washington Counties). Recruit, provide training and placement of volunteers. Regional Director will manage NWA Regional Board and Local Advisory Boards in conjunction with the President.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS:
- Volunteer Management: Renews program volunteer commitments through individual renewals and company liaisons. Develops and implements training programs and training evaluation. Coordinates the placement and scheduling of trained program volunteers.
- Board Giving & Impact Gifts: Organize and implement successful donor-centered philanthropy program in areas of responsibility.
- New Community Resources: Help identify and build relationship with regional companies/foundations that could benefit JA NWA Region. Delivers sales presentations to local groups (Rotary/Kiwanis/Chambers/School Districts). Submits funding proposals to board firms, impact gift donors and community foundations and carrying through on all stated deliverables and reporting.
- Fundraising Growth: Research and manage an ongoing plan to secure new sources of funding from corporate, community and private foundations. Create proposals and ensure grant fulfillment, as grants are awarded.
- Relationships: Identifies, develops and deepens relationships with existing JA supporters in Benton & Washington Counties including: NWA Board of Directors, Local Advisory Boards, School Districts, Educators, Donors, and Volunteers.
- Classroom Management: Renews commitments of schools and teachers. Handles general records and correspondence with program volunteers and prospects. Files all class registration forms. Communicates program volunteer needs. Supervises procurement and delivery of all program materials.
- Budget & Administration: Assist in creating and providing development, education and board reports as requested for presentations, Board and Committee meetings, etc.
- Event Management: Manage all facets of assigned events (Autumn Golf Classic, Bowl a Thon, JA in a Day School Event, Youth Business Pitch Competition and Job Shadow) and activities for the region. Assist in the development and execution of an annual plan for all events, including goals, objectives and follow-up. Coordinates with Business Operations Director to ensure proper invoicing and donor correspondence. Create press releases for assigned events.
- Coaching and Training: Provide ongoing support and training to area volunteers and teachers.
Bachelor's degree in marketing or communications required and proven fund raising or sales/marketing experience that includes a record of accomplishment of success with individual giving and corporate sponsorships. Excellent verbal and written communication skills required as well as ability to manage multiple projects meet deadlines and achieve outcomes. Knowledge of Northwest Arkansas (Benton and Washington Counties) preferred. Must enjoy people and demonstrate creative ability.
ABOUT JUNIOR ACHIEVEMENT OF ARKANSAS:
Established in 1987, Junior Achievement of Arkansas is the pre-eminent organization providing economic education programs to primary and secondary levels students. JA concentrates on youth, economic and education development. Helping young people realize their dreams and own their economic future. Programs are offered grades kindergarten through 12 and are facilitated by corporate volunteers. Junior Achievement of Arkansas headquarters are located in Little Rock, serving more than 13,000 students annually. For more information visit: www.jaark.org
This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job related duties required by their supervisor. This document does not create an employment contract implied or otherwise, other than an "at-will" relationship.
To Apply: email email@example.com
"Junior Achievement has given me a sense of what adults go through with budget issues."
"Junior Achievement reinforced concepts for me to remember later in life."
"I thought the experience was amazing. The presentation was unlike anything I've seen."
"I liked how the Junior Achievement volunteer explained his job to us."