JA BizTown Summer Camp
For Grades 4-6
JA BizTown Camp is an indoor, academic camp that combines classroom-style teaching with hands-on activities. Kids will discover the real-life opportunities available in the free enterprise system, as they become business operators, taxpayers and consumers.
Concepts Learned & Applied at Camp
- Entrepreneurship- brainstorming ideas and bringing them to life
- Business expenses- what are they and how do businesses cover costs
- Marketing- why and how to communicate your products or services
- Tradeoffs- what to do when business resources are limited
- Teamwork- Working with a group to reach a goal
- Personal banking- using a checkbook to pay for things you need or want
- Job preparation- Applying for and interviewing for a job
- Customer Service- Why it's important to business success
- Making money for a business- How costs and sales affect profit and loss
- And much more!
For more information, please contact Ron Wigglesworth.
"Junior Achievement has given me a sense of what adults go through with budget issues."
"Junior Achievement reinforced concepts for me to remember later in life."
"I thought the experience was amazing. The presentation was unlike anything I've seen."
"I liked how the Junior Achievement volunteer explained his job to us."