Western North Carolina Region
Junior Achievement, Western North Carolina Region (JA-WNC), began serving mountain children with a single after-school program in 1978. We continue to serve children in classrooms throughout the region, inspiring them to investigate the world of business, stay in school, and explore entrepreneurship. Our goal is simply to empower young people to own their economic success, and we are guided by these core values:
- Belief in the boundless potential of young people
- Commitment to the principles of market-based economics and entrepreneurship
- Passion for what we do and honesty, integrity, and excellence in how we do it
- Respect for the talents, creativity, perspectives, and backgrounds of all individuals
- Belief in the power of partnership and collaboration
- Conviction in the educational and motivational impact of relevant, hands-on learning
14th Annual Business Ethics Luncheon
When: Wednesday April 25, 2018
Time: 11:30 AM – 1:00 PM
Where: UNC-Asheville – Sherrill Center
Junior Achievement of Central Carolinas serving Western North Carolina is proud to partner with the University of North Carolina at Asheville for the 14th Annual Business Ethics Luncheon. Students from area high schools join local business leaders to share a meal, listen to a thoughtful keynote, and engage in lively conversation about current issues in business and ethics.
Students submit an essay for consideration to attend and can win one of three awards. Essays are judged by the Asheville Citizen-Times.
"Junior Achievement has given me a sense of what adults go through with budget issues."
"Junior Achievement reinforced concepts for me to remember later in life."
"I thought the experience was amazing. The presentation was unlike anything I've seen."
"I liked how the Junior Achievement volunteer explained his job to us."