BizTown Summer Camp
JA BizTown Summer Camp
6100 Grand Ave
Des Moines, IA 50312
- Entrepreneurship: brainstorming ideas and bringing them to life
- Job Preparation: applying for and interviewing for a job
- Business Expenses: what they are and how do businesses cover cost
- Marketing: why and how to communicate your products or services
- Customer Services: why it's important to business success
- Tradeoffs: what to do when business resources are limited
- Making Money for a Business: how cost and sales affect profit and loss
- Teamwork: working with a group to reach a goal
- Personal Banking: using a checkbook to pay for things you need or want
- Professional Guest Speakers: hear how local entrepreneurs started and how they are succeeding in today's economy
All medication should be in the original container with a signed parental note, which clearly states dispensing directions.
What People Are Saying about BizTown
I received a couple emails from parents (who weren't volunteers) that said:
- their kid couldn't stop talking about their day.
- Volunteers said that they were surprised that the students were doing so many real-world tasks and that it was a "must" for all elementary students.
- The demand on our schedule to fit in certain standards throughout the year makes it difficult to include these kinds of crucial skills for students, but this program made it really easy (and fun!) for students to learn these skills without interrupting our daily tasks.
- This was the best field trip I've ever taken my students on.
Need More Information?
|Pillars of Student Success||Entrepreneurship:||Financial-Literacy:||Work-Readiness:|
|Program Implementation||Program Grade-Level|
|Program Concepts||Program Skills|
|Entrepreneurship, Marketing, Customer Service||Team Work, Sales, Business Math|