Innovative | Bold | Relevant
Following participation in the JA BizTown experience, students will be able to:
- Discuss the roles they as citizens play in their community as workers and consumers and relate these personal roles to the free enterprise system.
- Discuss the importance of citizen rights and responsibilities in a community.
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of the free enterprise system.
- Explain the importance of philanthropy in our communities.
- Build money management skills through a practical knowledge of economic concepts and banking practices.
- Develop an understanding of basic business practices and responsibilities.
- Display the soft skills necessary for successful participation in the world of work
At JA BizTown, students are given a unique life profile after answering a series of future life-style questions. Their life profile includes an income, marital status, even kids! Using this new adult persona, students work to create a balanced monthly budget while making decisions regarding housing, transportation, insurance, savings, entertainment expenses and much more.
"Junior Achievement has given me a sense of what adults go through with budget issues."
"Junior Achievement reinforced concepts for me to remember later in life."
"I thought the experience was amazing. The presentation was unlike anything I've seen."
"I liked how the Junior Achievement volunteer explained his job to us."