Company Program Regional Competition
- Stop n' Cop (Oakland Mills HS – Howard County): A student run coffee shop and convenience store that offers coffee and donuts to teachers through a subscription service. They also offered small, school specific, convenience items that students may have forgotten and can now easily pick up before the start of the school day.
- Gator Gear (Reservoir High – Howard County) : Gator Gear offers unique spirit wear geared towards the Reservoir High School community. In addition to the large scale produced items they also offer exclusive, short run, items to create a sense so urgency and exclusivity for their brand.
- Simply Hill (River Hill High – Howard County) : Simply Hill, hopes to enhance school spirit and cohesiveness within the River Hill community through inexpensive and trendy school-themed accessories such as lanyards and stickers.
- Hawk Sawks (River Hill High – Howard County) : Hawk Sawks is a student company that's goal is a provide unique school spirt wear that is currently offered to the students in the River Hill community, while supporting the River Hill High School chapter of DECA.
- Kits & Kare (JA Rising Women – Howard County) : Kits & Kare is an all in one carry kit that meets your everyday essential needs. These are the items that you could find commonly in your house but in a travel-sized form, so it is readily available for you on the go!
- Creators 4 Change (UA House Company Program including students from Baltimore Leadership School for Young Women, City Neighbors Hs, Cristo Rey HS and Patterson HS) : Creators 4 Change is comprised of 12 students who have a deep affection for Baltimore and understand that there is a negative stigma associated with the City that would like to change. As a result, the company they started is aptly called Creators 4 Change, a non-profit organization that is selling wristbands and stickers to identify others who want to do better for Baltimore. To promote this effort, the students also hope to shine light on the creative aspects of Baltimore by conducting interviews with some of its most influential people. These interviews would then be posted to the organization's blog. The group has decided that all proceeds will be donated to Safe Streets.
- W.C.B. (JA Rising Women at Baltimore Leadership School for Young Women – Baltimore City) : Worthy, Confident, and Beautiful (W.C.B.) is an all-female run company whose goal is to promote a female's self-worth through the creation of custom designed art work on pop-sockets. The groups goal is that every time a young woman sees a W.C.B. pop-socket she is reminded that her self-worth is the most important thing.
- PHS Designs (Patterson High – Baltimore City) : PHS Designs is comprised of senior graphic design students from Patterson High School who chose to form a company that allowed them to express their graphic design skills through the creation of custom designed notebooks.
- I.N.E.S (JA Rising Women at New Town High – Baltimore County): The goal of Inspirational. Natural. Ethnic. Self-Love. (I.N.E.S.) is to promote self-love through an active social media campaign and the sale of custom-designed charm bracelets.
"Junior Achievement has given me a sense of what adults go through with budget issues."
"Junior Achievement reinforced concepts for me to remember later in life."
"I thought the experience was amazing. The presentation was unlike anything I've seen."
"I liked how the Junior Achievement volunteer explained his job to us."