Virtual Summer Camp - Middle
This virtual camp experience is for campers entering grades 7 - 9 in the 2020-2021 school year.
Campers will be participating in JA Finance Park Virtual, a program where each camper receives a life scenario, including a job, salary, and family situation. Using "real-life avatars," campers will learn how to construct and adhere to a personal budget, including housing, food, savings, transportation, entertainment, healthcare, utilities, clothing, and education. Campers engage in a variety of financial education topics such as personal finance, budgeting, money management, saving, spending, and financial institutions.
Each day for one week, campers will have an AM session and a PM session. Campers will select their preferred week to participate. Note: The second week is running the same program as week one.
- July 13 - 17
- July 20 - 24
- 10:00 a.m. - Sign on to JA Virtual Summer Camp
- 10:10 a.m. - Meet your fellow campers in a virtual campsite
- 10:20 a.m. - Participate in your daily activity and learn about prizes and surprises for the week.
- 11:00 a.m. Surprise Guest Speaker
- 11:30 a.m. - 12:30 Lunch Break (on your own)
- 12:30 p.m. - 1:30 - Self-guided JA Finance Park Virtual time (JA Staff on hand)
- 1:30 p.m. - Wrap for the day!
Additional Session Information
- Campers will take part in lessons and activities that explore exploration, saving and spending, and managing credit. Lessons are taught virtually by Junior Achievement staff with additional speakers as necessary.
- Campers will have activities in a virtual classroom using Zoom. Link and details to be provided to registrants.
- In the afternoon, campers can complete the session at their convenience, but JA representatives will be online and available from 12:30 p.m. - 1:30 p.m. to answer questions and assist with any challenges.
- Campers need access to a computer or device that is capable of running Zoom Meetings each day of their chosen week from 10:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
- Campers will need additional access to a computer or device for 60 - 90 mintues each afternoon (preferred 12:30 p.m. - 1:30 p.m.) to access self-guided simulation. (Preferred browsers: Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari)
- Parents must complete a separate registration form for each camper.
For more information about JA's Virtual Summer Camp, contact our Capstone Director Sam Hodapp here or 410.363.6495.
"Junior Achievement has given me a sense of what adults go through with budget issues."
"Junior Achievement reinforced concepts for me to remember later in life."
"I thought the experience was amazing. The presentation was unlike anything I've seen."
"I liked how the Junior Achievement volunteer explained his job to us."