JA BizTown Summer Camp
JA Biztown Summer Camp
Registration is now CLOSED for 2018 JA BizTown Summer Camp!
Tuition: $300.00 per camper
Who can attend?
What happens at JA BizTown Summer Camp?
- Entrepreneurship – brainstorming ideas and bringing them to life
- Job preparation – applying for and interviewing for a job
- Business expenses – what are they and how do businesses cover costs
- Marketing – why and how to communicate your products or services
- Customer service – why it's important to business success
- Tradeoffs – what to do when business resources are limited
- Making money for a business – how costs and sales affect profit and loss
- Teamwork – working with a group to reach a goal
- Personal banking – using a checkbook to pay for things you need or want
"I can't think of a better gift for kids than to prepare them for success in the real world." - Aaron Bahe, Columbus City School Teacher
"I loved being the mayor of JA BizTown. I now have a good understanding of how busy business can be." - Gabbie Schneider, JA BizTown Student
"I loved my job as the CFO! It was so much fun. If I did this everyday it would be great!" - JA BizTown Student
"Kids are capable of more than we know. JA is a great way to demonstrate the real life skills they will all need." JA of Central Ohio Volunteer