Junior Achievement Young Professional Auxiliary (JA YPA)
JA YPA is an extension of the Junior Achievement Board of Directors, comprised of young community leaders who share the JA mission: "To inspire and prepare young people to succeed in a global economy."
JA YPA encourages professional growth, provides community service opportunities and fosters advancement advocacy.
The JAGSC YPA is made up of diverse young professionals in the 34 county region that JAGSC serves. The purpose of the YPA is to build awareness of JA, volunteer with JA, and oversee the annual YPA bowl-a-thon event for JAGSC:
- Spearhead planning the YPA Bowl-A-Thon with a May or June date
- Recruit others to participate on the JAGSC YPA
- Recruit other young professionals to volunteer with JAGSC
- Help Create awareness of JAGSC and its programs
- Provide a forum for the exchange of ideas and for ways to improve JAGSC YPA and other JAGSC programs.
Expectations of YPA Member
The role of each board member is vital to the total success of the YPA group. Active input and participation is key in obtaining board objectives and keeping to its mission. Members are expected to:
- Commit to serving and actively participate in the work of the committee for the full term of appointment
- Be prepared to lead and participate in discussions throughout the year
- Review any relevant material prior to meetings in preparation for contributing and voicing opinions concerning board issues
- Attend meetings and board sponsored events
"Junior Achievement has given me a sense of what adults go through with budget issues."
"Junior Achievement reinforced concepts for me to remember later in life."
"I thought the experience was amazing. The presentation was unlike anything I've seen."
"I liked how the Junior Achievement volunteer explained his job to us."