JA of Central Virginia Career Opportunities
Full Time - $32,000 annual salary
Full benefits include medical/dental/life, retirement plan, and paid time off
The Programs Manager will oversee JA programs in elementary, middle and high school with a strong emphasis on one-day elementary school events called JA in a Days. This position reports to the Senior Programs Manager.
- Facilitate JA in a Day programs
- Assist in managing traditional programs for elementary, middle and high school students
- Recruit and coordinate volunteers
- Train volunteers
- Monitor inventory of materials
- Maintain regular data entry
- Assist with departmental administrative duties
The successful candidate will be experienced, collaborative, organized and have the ability to implement creative solutions in challenging situations. Strong communication skills and the ability to work with various constituents is required.
This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Qualified candidates should have the following:
- Program management experience
- Volunteer or staff recruitment experience
- Training/teaching/education experience
- Strong networking skills
- Nonprofit experience
- Two- or four-year degree
- Excellent oral and written communication, public speaking and customer service skills
- Excellent organizational, time management and planning skills
- Desire to work collaboratively
- Spanish fluency is a plus
- Qualified candidates should submit their resume to jboyle@JAtoday.org. Please use "Programs Manager - Your Name" as the subject line.
- Please do not attach a cover letter. Instead, include your cover letter as the body of your email.
- Due to the anticipated response, we regret that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
"Junior Achievement has given me a sense of what adults go through with budget issues."
"Junior Achievement reinforced concepts for me to remember later in life."
"I thought the experience was amazing. The presentation was unlike anything I've seen."
"I liked how the Junior Achievement volunteer explained his job to us."