JA of Central Virginia Career Opportunities
Part Time – 20 hours per week – Salary commensurate with experience
The Accountant maintains financial systems and provides timely information adding value to the decision making process. This position reports to the President & CEO.
- Provides accurate and timely financial information to senior management. Maintains current status on cash, receivables, account receivables and year-to-date contributions. Prepares financial statements, income, expense and balance sheets. Compares budget with variance analysis and recommends corrective action. Gathers expense information needed to prepare annual budget for fiscal year-end Board meeting and current projections by fiscal mid-year Board meetings.
- Responsible for accounts payable and working with vendors.
- Responsible for monthly reconciliations and month end close.
- Maximizes cash utilization. Manages cash and funding of disbursement account. Makes timely payments of debt. Develops cash flow projections.
- Maintains awareness and compliance to Junior Achievement USA and to federal, state and city agencies. Adheres to National's submission deadlines. Complies with legal filings for IRS 990, W2's, 1099's and other state and city documents. Schedules and coordinates annual audit by CPA firm.
- Maintains payroll and benefits. Provides current information to National on status of new and terminated employees, salary/other personal changes and insurance enrollment. Provides timely advice regarding adherence to established Junior Achievement policies.
- Supports ability to enhance management of financial, personnel/operational, decision making and recordkeeping processes.
This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Qualified candidates should have the following:
- Required Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- Required experience in nonprofit accounting
- Experience in Microsoft Office Suite and Peachtree
- Organizational and planning skills
- Qualified candidates should submit their cover letter and resume to jboyle@JAtoday.org. Please use "Accountant - <Your Name>" as the subject line.
- Due to the anticipated response, we regret that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
"Junior Achievement has given me a sense of what adults go through with budget issues."
"Junior Achievement reinforced concepts for me to remember later in life."
"I thought the experience was amazing. The presentation was unlike anything I've seen."
"I liked how the Junior Achievement volunteer explained his job to us."