JA of Central Virginia Career Opportunities
Senior Director of Programs and Marketing
Full Time – Salary commensurate with experience
Full benefits include medical/dental/life, retirement plan, and paid time off
This position directs program and volunteer components of the organization, and assists with media, public relations, and marketing efforts. This position reports directly to the President & CEO.
- Manage a staff of five full time program associates.
- Work with the programs team to create an annual strategic plan.
- Ensure all departmental goals are met.
- Develop and deliver presentations to schools and teachers.
- Oversee program material orders.
- Oversee annual programs audit.
- Ensure all national standards and procedures are upheld.
- Serve as lead staff at offsite program events.
- Train volunteers – individuals and groups.
- Recruit and foster volunteers.
- Work closely with teachers, schools, and district leaders to ensure effective and increased program impact.
- Maintain and update database with focus on accuracy. Create and run reports.
- Plan and execute annual Educator luncheon.
- Plan and execute annual Volunteer Appreciation event.
- Plan and execute other program-related events.
- Develop marketing and storytelling initiatives that increase public awareness of programs and volunteer needs – including presentations, press releases, social media, and earned media.
- Create and distribute monthly electronic newsletter.
- Manage website updates.
- Assist with development-related events and fundraisers.
The successful candidate will be experienced, collaborative, organized, and have the ability to implement creative solutions in challenging situations. Strong communication skills and the ability to work with various constituents is required.
This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Qualified candidates should have the following:
- Required experience working in nonprofit organizations and/or program management
- Required experience managing a team
- Required experience in data management
- Excellent oral and written communication, public speaking and customer service skills
- Excellent organizational, time management and planning skills
- Preferred volunteer recruitment experience
- Experience in training and/or teaching
- Two- or four-year degree
- Preferred knowledge of area schools
- Spanish fluency is a plus
- A valid driver's license and access to a vehicle
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to: sit, walk, reach with hands and arms, talk, hear, bend, lift, climb, and carry light weights (25-50 pounds).
- Qualified candidates should submit their cover letter and resume to alandron@JAtoday.org. Please use "Senior Director of Programs and Marketing - <Your Name>" as the subject line.
- Due to the anticipated response, we regret that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
"Junior Achievement has given me a sense of what adults go through with budget issues."
"Junior Achievement reinforced concepts for me to remember later in life."
"I thought the experience was amazing. The presentation was unlike anything I've seen."
"I liked how the Junior Achievement volunteer explained his job to us."