JA of Central Virginia Career Opportunities
Programs Assistant 7/1/2019
Full Time - $27,000 annual salary / Full benefits include medical/dental/life, retirement plan, and paid time off
The Programs Assistant will provide administrative and scheduling support, oversee traditional classroom program management, and assist with volunteer recruitment and training. This position reports to Vice President of Operations.
- Volunteer and teacher communications via email and phone; Volunteer and teacher support
- Volunteer recruitment
- Individual and group volunteer training
- Material preparation for volunteer and teacher trainings and orientations
- Data entry and database maintenance
- Assistance with several volunteer events at local elementary schools / Oversight of smaller JA in a Days (one day elementary programs)
- Program materials inventory management / Program kit rebuild
- Administrative duties
The successful candidate will be experienced, collaborative, organized and have the ability to implement creative solutions in challenging situations. Strong communication skills and the ability to work with various constituents is required.
This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Qualified candidates should have the following:
- Preferred experience in nonprofit organizations and/or project/program management
- Preferred experience in data entry/data management
- Excellent oral and written communication, public speaking and customer service skills
- Excellent organizational, time management and planning skills
- Preferred volunteer recruitment experience
- Experience in training and/or teaching
- Two- or four-year degree
- Preferred knowledge of area schools
- Spanish fluency is a plus
- A valid driver's license and access to a vehicle
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to: sit, walk, reach with hands and arms, talk, hear, bend, lift, climb, and carry light weights (25-50 pounds).
- Qualified candidates should submit their cover letter and resume to jboyle@JAtoday.org. Please use "Programs Assistant - <Your Name>" as the subject line.
- Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
"Junior Achievement has given me a sense of what adults go through with budget issues."
"Junior Achievement reinforced concepts for me to remember later in life."
"I thought the experience was amazing. The presentation was unlike anything I've seen."
"I liked how the Junior Achievement volunteer explained his job to us."