JA of Central Virginia Career Opportunities
Junior Achievement of Central Virginia, Inc. (JA) is looking for a high energy, engaged leader to meaningfully impact area children every year. JA is at the forefront of inspiring and preparing young people to succeed in a global economy.
The best person for this role will be able to lead program impact, ensure financial stability and will possess the following attributes:
- Strategic and action-oriented
- Energetic, mission-driven and self-directed
- Enthusiastic about making new connections and ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders
- Persuasive and passionate communicator
- Engaging and inspirational leader and coach
- Solid financial acumen
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The President has overall strategic and operational responsibility for JA staff, programs, expansion, and execution of its mission. Works collaboratively with the Board of Directors to develop strategic goals, lead organization with a sense of passion and creative promotion of the mission. Responsible for all planning, finance, fundraising, student & volunteer programs, public relations, staff development and administrative operations.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent business experience
- Minimum four years of experience in a related leadership role with a successful track record
- People management experience
- Strong professional network
- Strong marketing, public relations or fundraising experience (leading ‘the ask')
- Experience working with a Board of Directors
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to undergo criminal, credit and background checks
- Management and/or Board experience in education or nonprofit organization
- Experience managing a budget of $1M+
- CFRE certification
Send resume, cover letter and salary requirements no later than June 30, 2021 to Amy Miller: email@example.com
"Junior Achievement has given me a sense of what adults go through with budget issues."
"Junior Achievement reinforced concepts for me to remember later in life."
"I thought the experience was amazing. The presentation was unlike anything I've seen."
"I liked how the Junior Achievement volunteer explained his job to us."