JA of Central Virginia Career Opportunities
Special Events Coordinator
Part Time – 15-20 hours per week
Pay Rate – $20 per hour
The Special Events Coordinator is responsible for the oversight and coordination of Junior Achievement of Central Virginia special events. This position reports to the Vice President of Development and works on-site at the JA of Central Virginia office.
- Coordinate annual special events including but not limited to:
- Bowl for JA fundraising event (March)
- JA Greater Richmond Business Hall of Fame gala (May)
- JA Empower the Future Breakfast (September)
- Maintain planning calendars for all events / Project management
- Develop and implement marketing strategy for events
- Manage guest lists
- Produce and distribute materials (invitations, brochures, sponsor packets)
- Solicit special event corporate sponsorship; research and identify potential sponsors; prepare proposals
- Manage silent auction including solicitation of items, donor management and recognition, auction website management and delivery of items
- Manage data entry and reconciliation of event-related pledges, gifts and online donations.
- Acknowledge event-related gifts and sponsorships with thank you letters and provide follow-up for sponsorship proposals
- Work closely with the JA of Central Virginia Young Professionals Board. Coordinate meetings regarding events, assist in board's marketing efforts, etc.
- Coordinate and market fundraising events with community partners including local restaurants, merchants, and board companies
The successful candidate will be experienced, collaborative, organized and have the ability to implement creative solutions in challenging situations. Strong communication skills and the ability to work with all levels of donors is required.
This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Qualified candidates should have the following:
- Prior experience in event coordination
- Experience in donor management software and data entry
- Highly organized, motivated and comfortable meeting with or presenting to individuals or groups
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, Canva, Stencil or other image editing and design sites
- Preferred experience working with boards and committees
- Strong customer service ethos
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
1. Qualified candidates should submit their resume to email@example.com. Please use "Special Events Coordinator" as the subject line. No phone calls please.
2. Please do not include a cover letter. Instead, in the body of your email, give a brief overview of your experience and write a brief statement about how you can contribute to helping Junior Achievement of Central Virginia achieve its mission.
Due to the anticipated response, we regret that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
"Junior Achievement has given me a sense of what adults go through with budget issues."
"Junior Achievement reinforced concepts for me to remember later in life."
"I thought the experience was amazing. The presentation was unlike anything I've seen."
"I liked how the Junior Achievement volunteer explained his job to us."