JA Launch Lesson
"The best way to predict the future is to create it."
- Peter Drucker
Entrepreneurs have the power to create their future. Young students need that power and can realize it through YOU!
Are you an entrepreneur or business owner? Do you have one hour to spend with curious students? This program gives you the opportunity to share experience and insight related to entrepreneurship with high school students. Here's how it works:
- You register to volunteer for JA Launch Lesson.
- We provide you with resources, an outline and talking points.
- We match you with a teacher who wants the program for her students and connect the two of you to determine a program date and time.
- You visit that classroom for one hour and tell them your story.
- You feel good you've had a positive impact in young peoples' lives, knowing you've empowered those students to own their own futures and follow their dreams!
Why is JA Launch Lesson important?
Students must learn that failure is part of success...that calculated risks often come with big rewards...that they have the ability to shape their own future. These principles aren't learned in a textbook or on a website - they are learned through experience and by hearing from others who have lived it - others like YOU. Young people must know that it's okay to follow their dreams.
Check out these statistics:
Research conducted for Junior Achievement and YEC by Ypulse (November, 2013).
To request the program for your classes, complete the JA Launch Lesson Sign Up form.
To sign up to visit a JA Launch Lesson class:
- Complete the JA Volunteer Contact form if you haven't completed one for this school year.
- Email Megan Rozyskie to express interest and receive a list of conference call training dates and times.
- Follow up will include an email with a list of available classes.
|Pillars of Student Success||Entrepreneurship:||Financial-Literacy:||Work-Readiness:|
|Program Implementation||Program Grade-Level|
|Program Concepts||Program Skills|