The Junior Achievement of Chicago community is filled with professionals committed to delivering economic education programs to students. JA offers competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package. Through the key content areas of entrepreneurship, financial literacy, and work readiness, JA helps Chicago area students reach their potential. We encourage you to apply for a position and join a dedicated team of people, who educate and inspire students.
Please view our open positions below:
- Director of New Revenue Streams- Chicago
- Operations Manager- Northwest Suburban Cook County
- Operations Manager- Northshore
- PT Administrative Assistant- River Grove, IL
- FT Operations Manager (Multiple)- Chicago (see below)
Open Positions: Strategic Alliances Manager – 1 position available
· Cermak Road (2200 South) to 79th Street (7900 South)
Elementary Operations Manager – 1 position available
· Division Street (1200 North) to Irving Park Road (4000 North)
High School Operations Manager – 1 position available
· Latino Outreach South –Roosevelt Road (1200 South) South to City Limits
The Operations Manager implements and manages the daily operations of all Junior Achievement programs for designated geographic/market area. Responsibilities include fundraising, class sales, volunteer recruitment, marketing and training. Prepares accurate and current reports; assists in increasing public awareness; assures program quality; expansion, and excellent school and business relationships; secures the necessary financial resources to support programs through a variety of sources.
- Meets program goals in geographic/market area. Supervises the placement and recruitment of all volunteers from companies and in organizations within geographic/market area.
- Provide exceptional hands-on service to all volunteers, executive partners, and teachers.
- Consistently recruits and secures new volunteer and funding opportunities.
- Meets geographic area revenue goals. Successfully carries out a contingency plan to make up for any shortfalls.
- Maintains quality and accurate information on volunteers and companies in geographic/market area.
- Assists Director with all program related Board Committees in carrying out their specific functions. Prepares material for Board and Committee meetings.
Education/Experience Required: Bachelor's degree. At least one year of business experience. Proven oral and written communication skills; ability to manage multiple priorities; be self-motivated and be highly organized; computer knowledge in word processing and spreadsheet documents extremely helpful. Candidate must have a valid Illinois or Indiana driver's license and adequate vehicle transportation to meet the responsibilities of the position.
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to: sit, walk, occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, continually required to talk or hear, occasionally required to bend, lift or climb, frequently required to lift and carry light weights (25-50 pounds) and specific vision abilities include: close vision, distance vision, ability to adjust or focus.
"Junior Achievement has given me a sense of what adults go through with budget issues."
"Junior Achievement reinforced concepts for me to remember later in life."
"I thought the experience was amazing. The presentation was unlike anything I've seen."
"I liked how the Junior Achievement volunteer explained his job to us."