Recommended for Middle and High School students but available for students at all levels. Students from ALL SCHOOLS are welcome and encouraged to participate!
JA Inspire Virtual Career Fair is an event where students learn about a range of career options across multiple career clusters. Volunteers share information about their businesses and/or jobs and apply what they learn to their own career planning.
- Recorded YouTube Live Broadcasts of 15-minute Career Interviews
- Representation from a variety of industries/career clusters.
- Interviews will be conducted by Dr. Troy Podell, Coordinator of Career Readiness, Downingtown Area School District.
- Recordings of Videos will be added to the site following the live broadcast
- Pre-Recorded Career Speaker Videos from a variety of industries from Southeastern Pennsylvania for self-guided "on your own time" viewing.
- National Recorded and Curated Career Speaker Videos for Self-Guided viewing
- Optional Self-Guided Companion Materials that Educators or Parents can assign to students, including:
- Downloadable Packets of Pre- and Post- Activities. Versions for Elementary, Middle or High School.
- Alternate Single Page Reflection Worksheet
Student objectives will vary based on grade level. Generally students will:
- Observe career speakers.
- Identify the variety of careers people have in the community.
- Express how jobs require specific interests and skills.
- Relate the impact of personal interests and abilities on career choices.
- Investigate a variety of careers and the skills, education preparation, training, and personal qualities needed for those careers.
- Examine how school skills apply to career paths.
- Explain the importance of staying in school and graduating high school.
Ready to learn more? Before accessing the program details, help us get to know who will be joining us. After signing up, you will be directed to the JA Inspire Virtual Career Fair page which you can then distribute to your classes and students. Districts or Administrators may sign up for a group of classes, or a school building. Click the link below to tell us a little about who might participate. Questions? Contact laura.yohe@Ja.org.
If you are an individual parent who wants your child to participate please register here.
Seeking Additional Classroom or At-Home Resources for K-12?
- JA Access Point – High School Pilot Site for Free Self-Guided Career Resources for High School Students
- https://vimeo.com/411188020- Recording of April 23 JA and CNBC Covid-19 Town Hall
- www.ja.org/makingsense -- A Guide to How COVID-19 is Affecting People and the Economy and What It All Means
Thank you to our sponsors:
Thank you to our exhibitors, partners & speakers:
Dr. Lenore Asbel, MD, Aqua Pennsylvania, Accenture, ADP, Bentley Systems, The Chamber of Commerce for Greater Philadelphia, Downingtown Area School District, Entercom, Fitler Club, Fox Rothschild LLP, Franklin Mint Credit Union, Haley Donovan, Kellmer Jewelers, Lockheed Martin, M&T Bank, Pennsylvania State Troopers, Roger Lee Arts, Salesforce, Santander, Scope Communications LLC., Signant Health, UPS
Special thanks to our partners, The Downingtown-Thorndale Chamber of Commerce and the Downingtown Area School District.