welcome to the JA Inspire Virtual career fair
How to Participate
Step 1: Review the Schedule for Speakers and choose 2-3 you're interested in based on their career snapshots, industries and companies. Be sure to check back often as more speakers are being updated daily! Can't join us on May 21st? No problem! Proceed to Step 2 below.
Step 2: Review and watch 2-3 (or more!) of the recorded career videos to explore more careers. You can do this instead of live interviews or in addition to.
Step 3: Download the Student Workbook for your grade level (optional). For a better experience, review the workbook prior to viewing the videos or watching the live stream.
Step 4: Complete the JA Inspire Virtual Career Fair Reflection and Personal Action Plan and return to your school if requested.
Step 5: Join us LIVE on May 21 and watch the interviews you previously selected and as many others as you'd like.
Step 6: Teachers, Parents and Students can provide feedback to JA with this short Survey.
Step 7: Download your Certificate of Achievement.
Check out more resources for K-12 at www.ja.org/tomorrows
Get the Most Out of Your Experience
Like many things, you'll get more out of the JA Inspire Virtual Career Fair if you invest more time and energy into it. Here are some simple ways to enhance your experience:
- Do your research in advance! Visit the business websites of the speakers you plan to watch and read more about their business. To learn more about careers, visit https://www.pacareerzone.org/clusters.
- Engage on Instagram: With parental permission if you are over 14:
- Follow @JA_Philly on Instagram and send a direct message by Monday, May 18 with a question you would like one of the speakers to answer. Please include the speaker's name, a complete question, your first name and school name to be considered.
- Follow us on Instagram at @JA_Philly to learn how to post your thoughts, thank the speakers and share comments after the fair.
- Students under the age of 14 should have their parents follow and post for them. You can also find us on Twitter @JA_Philly.
- Elementary Students can take pictures of thank you notes (templates are in the Student Workbooks below) and have parents send a direct message via Instagram or Twitter @JA_Philly
- Download and complete the "Before the Fair" and "After the Fair" activities for the JA Inspire Virtual Career Fair Student Workbook for your Grade.
- Preview the JA Inspire Virtual Career Fair Reflection and Personal Action Plan so you know what to listen for during the Fair.
- Listen Actively. Try to minimize other distractions and write down your notes and questions to follow up on later.
- Following the Fair consider contacting your teacher or guidance counselor to find out about more resources your school offers to help with Career Planning.
inspiring tomorrows Explore JA's library of online programs for grades k-12
ja access point Pilot Site for Free Self-Guided Career Resources for High School Students
ja town hall recording Recording of April 23 JA and CNBC Covid-19 Town Hall
ja covid-19 student guides A Guide to How COVID-19 is Affecting People and the Economy and What It All Means
Get tips and tools to put your career on the express track. Take the Personality Quiz then visit My Career to find job matches. Explore buying a car and saving for college in My Money, create pro resumes at My Resume, or get tips to start a business at My Business.
"I look forward to teaching JA each year! The JA activities are engaging and allow me to bring my world into the classroom."
"The students got a real idea of what a corporate office is like and some of the tools and technology they will use in the future."