JA Events are so Awesome!
Mile Marker Sponsors
Junior Achievement of Eastern NC's first ever virtual 10K for JA!
During these difficult times, it is important to remember our future…the children. HOW kids are taught has changed, but WHAT they are taught has not. JA programs of financial literacy, work readiness and entrepreneurship are needed NOW more than ever. Our 10K for JA is a virtual fundraising event providing participants 10 days, between October 21 and the 31st, to complete their 10K and support Junior Achievement and our mission: to inspire and prepare young people to succeed in the global economy.
Junior Achievement's 10K for JA is a great way to be active, safe and contribute to a great cause. You can complete the 10K anywhere – at home on the treadmill, a local trail, or around the neighborhood. Walk, run, skip, bike, swim, or crawl wherever you are.
Participation is simple! Here's how you can go the extra mile for JA:
- Register at 10K for JA. Registration fees are $25 for adults and $15 for children under 12.
- Raise funds. We encourage individuals (adults) to raise a minimum of $100 which will provide JA programs for four students of Eastern NC and children under 12 to raise $25 to provide a JA program for 1 student.
- Create a team if you would like. Add an extra element of fun by setting up a team of colleagues, friends, or family members with a little friendly competition to raise funds and log miles for JA kids!
- Log your mileage on your fundraising page. Mileage can be completed cumulatively or all at once. You can split it up, for example, walking 1K a day!
- Share your progress with your network. Let them know you are helping JA inspire kids to dream big about their future and empower them on their race to adulthood. Sharing is caring!
Prizes will be awarded to:
- Top Fundraising Individual
- Top Miles Logged Individual
- Top Fundraising Team
JA of Eastern North Carolina serves students from Eastern North Carolina, and they need JA programs of financial literacy, work readiness and entrepreneurship now more than ever. Will you go the extra mile for these students? We need your support in the foundation of their futures to ensure brighter tomorrows. Please Join us in our first ever virtual 10K for JA!
"Junior Achievement has given me a sense of what adults go through with budget issues."
"Junior Achievement reinforced concepts for me to remember later in life."
"I thought the experience was amazing. The presentation was unlike anything I've seen."
"I liked how the Junior Achievement volunteer explained his job to us."