Marketing and Communications Intern
Job Description: JAKC seeks a dynamic self-starter to enhance marketing and communications initiatives. The Marketing & Communications Intern will report to the Director of Development & Marketing and will work closely with the Development & Marketing department as well as other members of the JAKC team.
Qualifications and Attributes:
- Experience with social media campaigns, website management, and other digital marketing
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Graphic design skills (preferred knowledge of Photoshop Elements)
- Demonstrate an ability to be creative and innovative
- Ability to work independently and problem solve with little supervision
- Participate and work well as part of a small, dynamic, fast-paced team
- Passion and interest in the JA mission to empower and inspire young people to own their economic success
- Design, create, and disseminate bi-monthly e-newsletter to raise awareness and highlight Junior Achievement impact and success stories.
- Maintain online presence and public awareness utilizing various social media outlets and vehicles (Facebook, Twitter, You Tube, LinkedIn, Constant Contact, etc.)
- Manage all aspects of the organization's website, including upcoming events, program developments, news or media features, impact stories, etc.
- Tracking and analysis of metrics for email marketing campaigns and social media outreach
- Draft press releases and engage media in Junior Achievement of Greater Kansas City events and programs
- Create and design marketing collateral materials
- 20 hours per week. Schedule negotiable.
- $10/hour paid bi-weekly
- Documentation provided to a college or university to aid current students in receiving course credit
- Mileage reimbursement
- Build your portfolio of work and establish relationships that can help grow your career
- Flexible scheduling
- Be part of a well-established and rapidly growing organization
- Make a difference in your community
Send cover letter and resume by April 2, 2018 to:
Meredith Suarez, Director of Development & Marketing firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to use your skills to volunteer, click HERE to learn more.