JA Speaker's Bureau
About JA Speaker's Bureau
JA Speaker's Bureau prepares students to be entrepreneurial thinkers in their approach to work. Students will acquire and apply the skills needed in demanding and ever-changing workplaces. JA Job Shadow:
- Helps prepare our future workforce
- Showcases your place of work
- Enables your employees to easily participate in a community activity
- It's turnkey; JA provides the materials and training and will help arrange all JA Job Shadow days in advance
What is the role of the volunteer?
After a class completes the JA Job Shadow program with a teacher, volunteers will join one or more classrooms in a single event day to share their experience on a range of topics including their career path, entrepreneurship experience, or topics that pertain to personal finance.
What is my time commitment?
- JA Speaker's Bureau
Events typically range from 2 to 3 hours in length, and sometimes include visiting multiple classrooms.
What Is the Role of the Teacher?
Teachers will lead three classroom sessions using Focus on the Future curriculum for middle school and Start With the End in Mind curriculum for high school students.
What Is JA Staff's Role?
- Recognize career clusters and potential job positions and understand the importance of researching the requirements needed to earn a position
- Develop job-hunting tools, such as networking, resumes, and interviewing skills
- Identify the next steps needed in their personal career preparation
Need More Information?
Please contact us!
"Junior Achievement exposed me to different careers and opportunities and it was very inspirational."
"Students in my classroom often say that one of their most memorable activities from the year is JA. They love it!"
"Junior Achievement has shaped my dreams. They have prepared me for what's out there."
"Every time I came back into the classroom the kids were always so excited about the activities and mentioned their favorite ones."