To qualify students must participate in a Junior Achievement program their senior year and apply!
Print and submit your application!
Junior Achievement Scholarship Program
Student To Do List
- Complete and submit the application, with all required attachments, by 5:00 p.m. on March 8, 2014. Should you be notified that any item is incomplete or missing, please respond at once! Click on Scholarship Application above to print your application.
- For additional scholarship opportunities, visit the Junior Achievement, Inc. website at http://www.ja.org/programs/programs_schol.shtml (or use the link on our website). Review these national scholarship opportunities. Download and complete the application(s).
- Schedule and take the SAT/ACT as soon as possible. See your school counselor for testing dates and registration information. Re-test if your composite score is below 1000 on the SAT or 21 on the ACT.
- Ask for letters of recommendation from your Junior Achievement volunteer(s), teachers, employers and others.
- Order copies of your transcript. Order early to be sure that transcripts are sent in accordance with deadlines for receipt. Follow-up with your counselor to be sure that your transcripts are mailed on time.
- Contact the schools of your choice and:
- Complete and submit the application for admission. For Texas schools, the Common Application for admission is available online at https://www.applytexas.org/adappc/commonapp.wb.
- Review Financial Aid information. Note selection criteria and deadlines. Complete and submit application(s) for scholarships and financial aid.
- Verify that your application has been received and is complete. Update any information, such as address or telephone number, with changes.
- Complete and submit the Free Application for Financial Student Aid (FAFSA). This also is available on-line at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
- Check with your school counselor for other scholarship opportunities, such as school boosters, local service clubs, etc.
- Check with your parents' employers. Many companies offer scholarships to employees' children.
- Questions about your JA scholarship application? Call Patty Lalonde 409-833-3860 or email Patty Lalonde