Service Learning & Junior Achievement
Are you a high school student with service learning requirements to satisfy?
Volunteering to be a positive role model for a class of younger students can be a great way to fulfill that requirement, build your leadership and public speaking skills, enhance your resume, and give back to the community.
Here's what you need to know:
• The time commitment is minimal—only 5 required visits to an elementary classroom for 45 minutes each lesson.
• You need to be able to volunteer during school hours and transportation is required.
• All volunteers must attend a 90-minute volunteer training and will receive lesson plans and materials, teaching strategies, and contact information for your assigned teacher.
• Team teaching is encouraged, so recruit a friend!
• You must complete all required lessons.
• You must communicate with JA staff upon the completion of your lessons.
Click here to sign up for a class, email us call (216) 861-8080 to speak with a staff member directly.