Junior Achievement of Greater St. Louis Career Opportunities
These descriptions in no way state or imply that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related duties required by their supervisor. This document does not create an employment contract implied or otherwise, other than an "at-will" relationship.
JA of Greater St. Louis Employment Application (click for PDF)
Junior Achievement in Chesterfield seeks a reliable, qualified individual as a part-time receptionist/administrative assistant working Monday through Friday 8:00 am-12:30 pm, but not to exceed 980 hours within anniversary year. Must answer a multi-line telephone system and greet visitors in a professional and courteous manner. The receptionist will assist in data entry, UPS shipments, and must be able to perform other general clerical duties as directed. Position requires strong organizational and interpersonal skills, flexibility, and strong computer skills – proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook. Experience with BCRM database system a plus. Desired: Associates degree. If interested, please send resume and salary history to email@example.com.
Full-Time Advancement Manager
- Collaborates with President and Director of Advancement of JA to identify prospective donors with an emphasis on small-medium sized businesses (general campaign) and corporations (major campaign) to secure funding. Conducts extensive research about prospects and helps to prioritize funding opportunities.
- Assists President and Director of Advancement with coordination of meetings and in preparation for proposals to funders.
- Creates winning fund development strategies related to funding, develops proposals/letters for submission, coordinates and maintains funding request templates, prepares and stewards prospect portfolios, and ensures timely reports to funders.
- Makes follow-up phone calls to funders to solicit donations ensuring a resolution for all.
- Develops and/or manages the information systems which tracks prospects, solicitors, and funding history. Assures that all data remain up to date and correct. Invoices and collects pledges in a timely manner, prepares accurate and timely reports to campaign leadership.
- Organizes and maintains an annual calendar of campaign solicitation process steps including, but not limited to, regular request submission timelines for former donors, key dates and deadlines of request in the funding pipeline, and steps to follow up on funding requests.
- Manages the ongoing components of a stewardship program with primary focus on stewardship of donors including, but not limited to, communicating with donors as needed to keep donors informed, organizing and managing donor recognition initiatives, assuring that all members of the JA team and Board have information related to donors that encourages enhanced engagement.
- Extracts, analyzes, and creates a plan for the appropriate use of information from the development donor database and other records to improve results of solicitation efforts.
- Assists with the preparation of the income and expense budget and cash flow projections, including the tracking of revenues, expenses, and budget adjustments.
- Other projects as required.
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience. A minimum 2 years of progressive work experience in stewardship, fund development, business administration, customer service, or other closely related area is preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Superior project management skills.
- Attention to detail and proven ability to work independently and within functional and cross-functional groups under strict deadlines on multiple project.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a high pressure, fast paced environment managing multiple tasks and accommodating varying schedules of investors and supporters.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and database applications.
Please contact Rawn Ford to be considered, include salary history and résumé:
Director of Advancement
17339 North Outer 40 Road
Chesterfield, MO 63005
"Junior Achievement has given me a sense of what adults go through with budget issues."
"Junior Achievement reinforced concepts for me to remember later in life."
"I thought the experience was amazing. The presentation was unlike anything I've seen."
"I liked how the Junior Achievement volunteer explained his job to us."