Junior Achievement of Greater St. Louis Career Opportunities
These descriptions in no way state or imply that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related duties required by their supervisor. This document does not create an employment contract implied or otherwise, other than an "at-will" relationship.
JA of Greater St. Louis Employment Application (click for PDF)
Executive Administrative Assistant
Part-Time Capstone Program Assistant
Junior Achievement seeks individuals to assist in JA BizTown and JA Finance Park on student visit days and during three summer camps. The position will assist students, educators, and volunteers by maintaining the overall excellence of the experiential program. Must be available M-F, 7:30 am – 4:30 pm. (Times and dates vary according to school schedules.) JA seeks individuals who are attentive to details and follow directions, comfortable working with students and adults, willing to handle menial tasks, flexible, team players, and dedicated to providing friendly customer service.
To be considered, please submit résumé to Joy Germeroth (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Custodial Maintenance Associate
Junior Achievement in Chesterfield seeks a reliable, qualified individual for a full-time custodial maintenance position. Must present self in a positive, friendly, and professional manner to all constituents. The Custodial Maintenance Associate contributes to the efficiency and proper functioning of the facility. The work schedule will be 8-hour shifts Monday-Friday.
Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Performs general labor, basic maintenance, and janitorial tasks with attention to detail
- Performs routine commercial cleaning, which includes vacuuming, mopping, dusting, waxing, buffing, washing windows, emptying trash, cleaning and disinfecting bathrooms
- Manage or perform routine building maintenance tasks including painting, electrical, plumbing, HVAC
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills for fixing maintenance issues
- Ordering supplies, handling records and scheduling maintenance repairs
- Lawn work, such as trimming trees and shrubs and maintaining flower beds
- Assist with snow removal during winter months
- One or more years' experience in custodial and building maintenance
- Possess knowledge of methods, materials, and tools used in general building maintenance and cleaning practices/procedures
- Ability to lift 40 to 50 pounds, and handle frequent walking, standing, bending, stooping, and kneeling along with occasional climbing using a ladder
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Pass background check and drug screen
- High school diploma or GED preferred but not required
- Possess a valid driver's license
What we offer:
- Paid holidays as specified by management
- Medical, dental, and vision plans
- 401K plan with employer contributions
- Flexible spending account
- Life insurance
- Vacation time
To be considered, please submit résumé to Gina Barnes (email@example.com.)
"Junior Achievement has given me a sense of what adults go through with budget issues."
"Junior Achievement reinforced concepts for me to remember later in life."
"I thought the experience was amazing. The presentation was unlike anything I've seen."
"I liked how the Junior Achievement volunteer explained his job to us."