College & University Student Volunteers
Participating Colleges and Universities
- East Central College
- Hannibal-LaGrange College
- Jefferson College
- Lewis & Clark Community College
- Lindenwood University
- Mineral Area College
- Missouri Baptist College
- Missouri State University
- Southern Illinois University at Edwardsville
- Southwestern Illinois College
- St. Charles Community College
- St. Louis Community College - Florissant Valley
- St. Louis Community College - Forest Park
- St. Louis Community College - Meramec
- St. Louis Community College – Wildwood
- University of Missouri
- University of Missouri – St. Louis
- Washington University
Junior Achievement Can Meet Your Needs
- Junior Achievement can provide a valuable, service-learning oriented experience for college students.
- Practical classroom experiences
- Natural extensions of classroom theory
- Direct involvement in local education
- Valuable networking opportunities with local business
- Publicity for the educational institution and the caliber of its students
- Community outreach
What is the College Student's Role in the Classroom?
- Volunteers facilitate a minimum of five weekly 30- to 45-minute prepared lessons
- Volunteers lead students in stimulating, age-appropriate activities that illustrate important life concepts
- Junior Achievement staff provide training and ongoing support
- School, grade level, and even time of day for volunteering are flexible
- How Does Volunteering Benefit College Students?
- Volunteers gain as much as they give. The classroom experience provides a direct benefit to future educators, while all volunteers develop skills that will benefit them professionally for many years to come.
- Gain course credit for field experience
- Plan, organize, and facilitate lessons
- Develop classroom management and motivational skills
- Interact with young people
- Reinforce understanding of business and economics
- Develop and refine presentation skills
- Learn flexibility and ability to adapt quickly
- Provide opportunities for community service
"Junior Achievement has given me a sense of what adults go through with budget issues."
"Junior Achievement reinforced concepts for me to remember later in life."
"I thought the experience was amazing. The presentation was unlike anything I've seen."
"I liked how the Junior Achievement volunteer explained his job to us."