JA BizTown Volunteers
Welcome to the web page for JA BizTown Volunteers! We are pleased that you have volunteered to help the JA BizTown citizens on their visit day. The links below will help you understand what happens in JA BizTown.
New to JA BizTown? click here!
Directions to JA BizTown: click here
Your training is a 3-step process. You will complete your volunteer registration, view the general JA BizTown training, and then review important information for your assigned business. Your assigned business was provided in the email sent to you by Junior Achievement. Please begin with Step 1 below.
If you have volunteered with us before, please complete the new registration and review the training below as it has been updated for the 2019-20 school year.
Step 1: JA BizTown Volunteer Registration
Click Here: JA BizTown Volunteer Registration
This will take you to a new page outside of the JA STL website. It may take a few minutes to load. Please make sure to return to this page after the completion of the online registration from AssureSign.
Step 2: JA BizTown General Training
Click Here: JA BizTown General Training
Utilize this training PowerPoint to learn all about JA BizTown, businesses, the visit day experience, and your role as a volunteer.
Step 3: JA BizTown Business Specific Training
Click on the name of the business where you are working for a brief description of volunteer and student responsibilities. Upon arrival to JA BizTown, you will participate in a short Volunteer Scavenger Hunt to familiarize yourself with JA BizTown and your assigned business. Then, you will receive one on one training from a JA staff member. You will also receive a detailed volunteer manual to refer to throughout the day.
- Please arrive to JA BizTown at the time designated on your JA provided volunteer training email. This will ensure that you will have adequate time to be properly trained in your assigned business.
- Bring a sack lunch (JA does not provide any vending machines, microwave, fridge, or coffee).
- Dress comfortably and be prepared for an active day!
JA BizTown Volunteer Check-In Process:
Upon arrival, you will:
- be greeted by a JA staff member
- sign in, pick up your name tag and red volunteer smock
- bring all of your belongings with you into your business
- participate in the Volunteer Scavanger Hunt and JA BizTown business training by a JA staff member
- Notice: the restrooms in JA BizTown are for student use only. The adult restrooms are located down the main hallway of the JA reception area.
Check out JA BizTown here!
"Junior Achievement has given me a sense of what adults go through with budget issues."
"Junior Achievement reinforced concepts for me to remember later in life."
"I thought the experience was amazing. The presentation was unlike anything I've seen."
"I liked how the Junior Achievement volunteer explained his job to us."