JA Company Program®
The JA Company Program unlocks the innate ability in students to solve a problem or fill a need in their community through an entrepreneurial spirit.
The program is available for both in-school or after-school implementation, and may be completed during one-semester or throughout an entire school year. Two implementation options are available: 13 two-hour meetings or 26 one-hour meetings focused on the Company Ops.
- Company Ops is that portion of the meeting during which students build and manage their business. This usually will take the majority of the meeting time.
- Deeper Dives are optional activities or suggestions on how to extend the meeting topic. Students work individually or in groups.
- Includes a series of 13 two-hour meetings or 26 one-hour meetings recommended for high school students.
- Program delivered online to students through the JA Learning Platform.
- Introduces students to the key elements involved in organizing and operating a business, while empowering them to solve problems and address local needs through the entrepreneurial spirit.
- Meeting-specific, student-friendly materials and resources are presented to increase student interaction and emphasize JA's experiential approach to learning.
- Correlates well to state social studies, English, and math standards, as well as the Common Core State Standards in English/language arts and mathematics.
Junior Achievement USA gratefully acknowledges The Hartford for its dedication to the development and implementation of JA Company Program.