JA Finance Park Volunteers
Welcome to the wep page for JA Finance Park Volunteers! We are pleased you have volunteered to help the JA Finance Park students on their visit day. The links below will help you understand what happens at JA Finance Park.
New to JA Finance Park? click here!
Directions to JA Finance Park: click here
Questions regarding your volunteers: contact Shelley - email@example.com or 636-728-0707, ext. 233.
Your training is a 3-step process. You will complete your volunteer registration, view the general JA Finance Park training, and then review important information for your assigned business. Your assigned business was provided in the email sent to you by Junior Achievement. Please begin with Step 1 below.
If you have volunteered with us before, please complete the new registration and review the training below as it has been updated for the 2019-20 school year.
Step 1: JA Finance Park Volunteer Registration
Click Here: JA Finance Park Volunteer Registration
This will take you to a new page outside of the JA STL website. It may take a few minutes to load. Please make sure to return to this page after the completion of the online registration from AssureSign.
Step 2: JA Finance Park General Training
Click Here: JA Finance Park General Training
Utilize this training PowerPoint to learn all about JA Finance Park, the visit day experience, and your role as a volunteer.
Step 3: JA Finance Park Business Specific Training
During Research, students rotate through each business in 3-4 minute intervals. You will lead a discussion about your budget category to each group of students, using a prepared presentation on the TV in your business. Click below on your assigned business to see a copy of the presentation and notes that guide your discussion.
- Please arrive to JA Finance Park at the time designated on your JA provided volunteer training email. This will ensure that you will have adequate time to be properly trained in your assigned business.
- Bring a sack lunch (JA does not provide any vending machines, microwave, fridge, or coffee).
- Dress comfortably and be prepared for an active day!
JA Finance Park Volunteer Check-In Process:
Upon arrival, you will:
- be greeted by a JA staff member
- sign in, pick up your name tag and green volunteer smock
- bring all of your belongings with you into your business
- participate in JA Finance Park business training by a JA staff member
- Notice: the restrooms in JA Finance Park are for student use only. The adult restrooms are located down the main hallway of the JA reception area.
"Junior Achievement has given me a sense of what adults go through with budget issues."
"Junior Achievement reinforced concepts for me to remember later in life."
"I thought the experience was amazing. The presentation was unlike anything I've seen."
"I liked how the Junior Achievement volunteer explained his job to us."