JA Young Entrepreneurs Camp
When: June 25-29, 2018
Time: 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Who: Ages 11-13 (Campers must have completed the 5th grade)
Where can campers run JA BizTown for TWO DAYS? Develop a business plan? Learn about business innovation? At JA Young Entrepreneurs Camp!
- What is an entrepreneur?
- Innovation, Opportunity Recognition, Risk Taking
- What is involved in running a business?
- How do customers react to a business?
- How could the business be better?
- Campers will run a business in JA BizTown for answers!
- Campers evaluate entrepreneurial opportunities
- Young entrepreneurs present an innovation plan to venture capitalists
- Young entrepreneurs introduce innovations in JA BizTown businesses
- Young entrepreneurs prepare marketing for their innovations
- Get ready, get set. . .
- Young entrepreneurs implement and evaluate their ideas in JA BizTown
- Parents are invited to observe the last hour of camp.
"Junior Achievement has given me a sense of what adults go through with budget issues."
"Junior Achievement reinforced concepts for me to remember later in life."
"I thought the experience was amazing. The presentation was unlike anything I've seen."
"I liked how the Junior Achievement volunteer explained his job to us."