Why volunteer with JA?
...Why not volunteer with JA?
- JA lessons are relevant!
- JA trains and supports volunteers every step of the way.
- JA provides volunteers with all materials needed.
- Teachers remain in the classroom at all times and support JA volunteers.
- Volunteers provide a needed and wanted service to local schools.
- JA partnerships and programs strengthen the community
- All types of volunteers are welcome - business professionals, stay-at-home parents, trade workers, entrepreneurs, college students, retirees, high school students, part-time workers, high-level executives...Almost anyone can volunteer.
- Program options vary - there are programs to interest anyone.
- Time commitments vary - JA offers volunteer opportunities ranging from one hour, to five hours, to several weeks.
- JA programs contribute to student learning, enhance curriculum and align with Virginia Standards of Learning.
- JA programs are fun and hands-on.
- JA volunteers make a difference in students' lives and give them the tools needed to succeed in school, work and beyond.
- JA programs are designed to empower students from Kindergarten through 12th grade to own their economic success.
- JA programs give students the opportunity to practice cooperation, teamwork, decision-making, and leadership skills through numerous exciting hands-on activities.
- JA programs are endorsed by Central Virginia school superintendents.
- Almost all of JA's programs are offered free of charge, at absolutely no expense to the students, educators or schools.
Click below for many more reasons to volunteer...