About JA IN a Day
Please join the statewide initiative to celebrate the business community's commitment to education and our future workforce...
To commemorate Junior Achievement's 100th Anniversary in 2019, Junior Achievement of Central Indiana is partnering with the Indy Chamber and the business community to celebrate education and our focus on empowering our next generations to own their future success.
A statewide initiative called ‘JA IN a Day,' a highly interactive, meaningful employee engagement and volunteer opportunity that brings professionals into the classroom for one day. Volunteers pair with an elementary grade classroom to teach nationally proven experiential curriculum, correlated to Indiana's academic standards. Volunteers are also encouraged to share their personal experiences with the students. JA provides a 45-minute training, all materials and support for the volunteers.
JA IN a Day will take place throughout 2019 with special celebrations honoring and thanking teachers in participating schools and classrooms. During National Teacher Appreciation Week May 6-10, 2019, we will be inviting elected officials and CEOs to join business volunteers in the classroom to celebrate the critically important role teachers play preparing Indiana's children for the future.
Click here to complete the form to sponsor a participating school in Central Indiana. Your sponsorship provides two volunteers for every participating classroom (4-10 classes per school) and will help fund the classroom materials used by your volunteers. On the sponsor form you will be asked to include the name and contact information of a ‘star' employee to represent your company as the JA Business Ambassador who will be the point of contact with JA, your volunteers, and a selected school.
Together we can continue the 100-year tradition Junior Achievement volunteers have had in preparing kids for brighter futures in Indiana.
Why JA IN a Day
The JA in a Day format provides a highly interactive, meaningful employee engagement/volunteer experience which brings professionals into the classroom for one day to:
- Provide children with learning opportunities focusing on career exploration, work readiness/employability skills, financial literacy and entrepreneurship
- Provide children a glimpse into the business community and discussion of jobs and skills needed to succeed
- Deliver project-based curriculum that is aligned to IN state standards and promotes students to tackle real life situations using math and language
- Highlight teacher appreciation by:
- Elevating the importance of the teaching profession and the relevance of classroom learning to the real world
- Focusing on the important intersection between education and business in preparing young people to understand opportunities and how to become valuable members of the future workforce
Need more Information?
"Junior Achievement has given me a sense of what adults go through with budget issues."
"Junior Achievement reinforced concepts for me to remember later in life."
"I thought the experience was amazing. The presentation was unlike anything I've seen."
"I liked how the Junior Achievement volunteer explained his job to us."