Prepare for the Future
Check out the third edition of our Kansas College & Career Guide!Learn More
Wichita Business Hall of Fame
Tribute Dinner is March 13, 2018Learn More
Be a JA Superhero
Inspire & prepare Kansas students to succeedVolunteer with JA of Kansas
Topeka Business Hall of Fame
Tribute Dinner will be March 1, 2018Meet the Laureates
Lawrence Business Hall of Fame
Tribute Dinner will be October 4, 2017Meet the Laureates
Leave a Legacy of Success
Join the JA of Kansas Heritage SocietyLearn More
Job Posting: Marketing Manager
Junior Achievement of Kansas is looking for a full-time Marketing Manager. This statewide position will be responsible for the development and implementation of programs and initiatives that support our mission.
The position is based in Topeka and reports to the President of Junior Achievement of Kansas. The right candidate will have:
· Excellent writing and interpersonal communication skills with strong attention to detail
· Ability to present to groups and gain support for mission
· Ability to work in fast-paced environment and manage multiple responsibilities
· Advanced computer skills and be proficient with Microsoft Office, Outlook, website management and design software to produce written and designed materials quickly
· Ability to engage support through partnerships with businesses, school districts, volunteers and through the use of social media and traditional media outlets
· A valid drivers’ license and reliable transportation available during work hours
· Ability to lift up to 30 pounds regularly
· Other duties, as assigned
Statewide travel and occasional weekend and evening hours will be required.
To apply, e-mail resume to email@example.com or mail to Junior Achievement of Kansas, ATTN: Ashley Charest, 3735 SW Wanamaker Road, Suite B, Topeka, Kansas 66610.
This role is responsible for the planning, development and implementation of all the organization’s marketing strategies, communications, and public relations activities. The Marketing Manager reports directly to the President. The Marketing Manager develops content and strategies relating to JA’s overall brand, educational programs, special events, and other initiatives. In addition to the President, the Marketing Manager works directly with the programming and events staff, board members, volunteers, external designers, vendors and partners. This position is a key member of the JA team, ensuring that Junior Achievement of Kansas’s brand and message is clearly communicated in a variety of creative and informative outlets to a diverse group of audiences including students, parents, educators, community leaders, and current and prospective donors and partners.
· Develop and execute a comprehensive marketing and communications strategy, encompassing web, email, social media, and print.
· Create and implement email communications highlighting JA’s programs and events
· Engage stakeholders across all JA’s social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn) by frequently posting engaging and creative content
· Develop online and print collateral (sponsorship packages, program journals, signage, PowerPoint presentations) for JA’s signature events (approximately 10/year)
· Create collateral for JA’s K-12 programs such as volunteer recruitment flyers, email blasts on partnership opportunities, etc.
· Create short videos highlighting JA’s programs and positive community impact that can be utilized in email communications and other outlets (not a requirement, just a plus)
· Updated JA of Kansas website, which includes writing content, providing photos and organizing website pages, working with internal team members to understand the specific needs for their stakeholders, etc.
· Serve as the Liaison to the Marketing Committee which is comprised of JA Board Members and volunteers who are dedicated to assisting in achieving the marketing and communications goals
· Ensure national brand guidelines are followed by all JA team members
· Manage the organization’s photo and video library to ensure all files are easy to locate and properly saved