Prepare for the Future
Check out the third edition of our Kansas College & Career Guide!Learn More
Wichita Business Hall of Fame
Tribute Dinner is March 13, 2018Learn More
Be a JA Superhero
Inspire & prepare Kansas students to succeedVolunteer with JA of Kansas
Topeka Business Hall of Fame
Tribute Dinner will be March 1, 2018Meet the Laureates
Lawrence Business Hall of Fame
Tribute Dinner will be October 4, 2017Meet the Laureates
Leave a Legacy of Success
Join the JA of Kansas Heritage SocietyLearn More
Job Posting: President
Junior Achievement of Kansas, a nonprofit organization, is the leader in educating our youth about careers, money and managing the economics of life.
In partnership with schools, and volunteers from the workforce and diverse corporate and community partners, JA integrates curriculum on entrepreneurship, financial literacy and work readiness into the classroom for students, kindergarten through high school.
Serving more than 28,000 students annually, we have played an important role in Kansas’s workforce and economic development, and we are an integral component to the college and career-readiness conversation.
The Board of Directors, headquartered in Topeka, is seekingcandidates for the position of President.The successful candidate will have demonstrated success in corporate, foundation and special event fundraising, as well as strong leadership, interpersonal and communications skills. Diverse responsibilities in this role includeboard development, strategic planning, financial management, and staff management/development. The position requires working at a fast pace, being nimble and have the ability to adapt to the rapidly changing environment we live in. The ideal candidate is a visionary and strategic leader with the ability to manage a complex organization with multiple business units and departments.
- Assures operations are in compliance with all requirements of Junior Achievement USA and local Board of Directors.
- Assures the financial stability of the organization to support operational and strategic plans including the development and implementation of effective fund raising campaigns, accurate and timely financial reporting, analysis of financial information; development of a budget and management of financial resources to meet all organizational objectives.
- Develops and implements strategic plans that assure both company stability and growth within the context of the internal and external market forces and regulations.
- Works with the Board of Directors to develop policy and assure proper governance of the organization.
- Works with the Chairman of the Board of Directors to recruit, orient, and encourage engagement of Board members; manage effective regular meetings with the Board including the development of the agenda and any reports and materials.
- Accurately projects staffing requirements; recruits, hires and trains associates; manages staff performance to assure achievement of all goals and objectives.
- Manages implementation of all programs and ensures programs are executed within acceptable standards to assure growth in student impact.
- Alongside the Board manages a public awareness plan and acts as a representative with governmental, political, community, civic and industry groups.
- Financial and business acumen; strong oral/written communication; collaborative skills.
- Seven or more years of business or nonprofit leadership experience is required.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Skilled at understanding how to build relationships long-term, how to be politely persistent and thorough in follow-up.
- Strong leadership skills and demonstrated ability to network and build mutually beneficial relationships in the community.
- Experience in digital marketing and social media marketing is a plus.
- Extensive experience dealing with business and community leaders. A strong base of current networking contacts in Topeka and the state of Kansas is a plus.
- Relevant nonprofit management experience and/or CFRE desired.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background and credit clearance checks.
Mail, e-mail or fax resume with salary requirements to be received no later than noon on Thursday, Oct. 12, 2017.
One Education Way
Colorado Springs, CO 80906
firstname.lastname@example.org (note “Kansas” as Subject)
Fax (719) 540-6172