It's Thanksgiving week! In just a few days, millions of miles will be driven on interstates, lots of post-turkey naps taken, and memories made! We are in the Thanksgiving spirit here around the JA office, and we want to share some of our favorite Thanksgiving foods and traditions with you! Maybe we have some in common with you, but maybe we're a little different!
- Ashley (President): Pumpkin Pie, Stuffing, & Cranberry sauce (the stuff that come out in a can NOT the fancy-smancy real stuff!)
- Tammy (Programming, Topeka): Turkey - dark meat is the best!, Mashed potatoes & Gravy, & Pecan Pie
- Marci (Director, Wichita): Mashed potatoes, Dressing, & Green bean casserole
- Ginger (Programming, Lawrence): Dressing, Sweet Potatoes, & Pecan Pie
- Torey (Marketing Manager): Green bean casserole, Mashed potatoes, & Aunt Amy's sausage & rice stuffing!
- Mandy E (Programming, Wichita): Green bean casserole, and the PIES! Mandy is from England and did not have pecan or pumpkin pie before living in the states!
Some of our favorite traditions are similar! Ashley & Ginger both love watching the parades on TV, and Ashley & Torey are both big Black Friday shoppers that enjoy looking through the ads and developing a game plan! Marci loves going deer hunting at her cabin with her boys, and Tammy & Torey are big Christmas fans, Tammy busting out the Christmas decorations, and Torey being excited that it's finally acceptable to listen to Christmas music 24/7!
Collectively, JA staff's very favorite thing about Thankgiving is spending time with friends and family. We wish you and yours a very joyous Thanksgiving. The JA offices will be closed Thursday November 22 and Friday November 23 in observance of the holiday.