News & Announcements
Blog - What Can You Do with an Extra Hour? Here are some JA Influenced ideas!
This weekend is Daylight Savings Time! Days get shorter, nights get longer, and we Fall Back one hour this weekend as we're sleeping on Saturday night! Here are some ideas of what you can do with that extra hour, based on JA's three pillars of financial literacy, entrepreneurship, and workforce readiness!
- Budget with your kiddos! Print off a very generic budget sheet, and take an hour to spend time explaning how you budget and how they can get started!
- Been waiting to set a bank account up for your kiddos? Head to your bank and set one up with that extra hour of time.
- November is National Scholarship Month - use some time to go through some scholarship opportunities.
- Balance those bank accounts. Sometimes, life is a busy one, and it's hard to write down all those receipts that pile up. This is a great time to check your accounts with the bank's numbers and line everything up!
- Create a holiday budget. The holiday season is coming up, and with that comes some additional spending. Use the extra hour you get this weekend to create your holiday budget. BONUS idea - if you have time, start your holiday shopping list and adjust it to your budget accordingly!
- Update your resume. Even if you have been in your current position for an extended period of time, it is always good to freshen up your resume, especially if you have changed contact information!
- Create a savings plan. Do you expect a holiday bonus or cash in your stocking this year? Use those funds to start (or continue) a savings plan.
These are just a few ideas that you could spend your extra hour working on this weekend for Daylight Savings Time (and it definitely beats cleaning out that room in your house you haven't gotten to yet!)