Junior Achievement of Maine Career Opportunities
We are always looking for dedicated staff members who believe in JA's mission and want to educate Maine's youth in financial literacy, entrepreneurship, and work-readiness. If you are interested in joining our team, please email a cover letter and your resume to Michelle Anderson.
Current Job Openings:
|Position Title:||Program Coordinator|
|JA Office:||Junior Achievement of Maine|
|Reports To:||Director of Operations|
The Program Coordinator implements and manages all daily operations of program recruitment, implementation, retention, data management, and evaluation with all organization stakeholders, including but not limited to educators and volunteers, while upholding and maintaining the program quality and integrity.
- Assure program quality and integrity through effective communication with program stakeholders, classroom monitoring, exceptional customer service, sharing of program updates, and evaluation tools
- Promote program growth and expansion in Southern Maine, through successful retention of education/business/community volunteers and school district/youth development organization partners
- Strategize and lead recruitment and retention efforts of all program stakeholder groups
- Oversee logistics of program presentation in a variety of delivery models
- Provide training and orientation for all program stakeholders (face to face, phone, email, etc.)
- Adhere to JA Maine stewardship model for stakeholders to increase program retention and stakeholder satisfaction
- Data entry, including all program related information, management, and maintenance of constituent records in BCRM
- Collect, provide, and report data, testimonials, and program progress for use at team and staff meetings, in grant proposals and reports, etc.
- Work closely with marketing to provide social media content, share program stakeholder stories, and/or to provide any data required for program impact reporting
- Develop and maintain department tools to support program management including, but not limited to, calendar of events, standard operating procedures, workplans, goals, and accountability tracking
- Manage curriculum ordering, inventory, and delivery
- Provide customer-centric, customer focused program delivery and support
- Assist with yearly fundraising events including; golf tournament, volunteer recognition events, Hall of Fame events, Titan Challenge, etc.
- Accepts responsibility for delivering on assigned goals and deliverables
- Is able to maintain composure in difficult situations and can shift quickly to objective, problem-solving behaviors in order to deliver results
- Avoids excuses and blame-shifting
- Participates in projects, tasks, meetings and workplace interactions with positive enthusiasm
- Demonstrates an obvious energy in performing the role and serves as an engaged member of the department
Growth & Improvement
- Actively seeks opportunities to increase industry knowledge and become a stronger subject matter expert in the field
- Willing to accept stretch goals and challenging projects to gain valuable experience and continuously develop as a professional
Integrity & Trust
- Earns the trust and confidence of coworkers and constituents through honest communication, ethical behavior, and professionalism in all interactions
- Admits mistakes, does not misrepresent self or information, and keeps confidences
- Is dependable and known to be someone who will do what is promised
Junior Achievement Teamwork
- Contributes to meeting team deadlines and engages effectively with others to achieve goals
- Maintains an approachable demeanor to encourage positive working relationships and promotes effective communication
- Demonstrates a willingness to pitch in to help team members succeed (even in areas outside their normal role)
- Interacts well with many types of personalities and handles difficult interactions without escalating tension
- Associates degree or equivalent experience and 1-3 years' experience in project management or volunteer coordination
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment and successfully manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Organized, detail-oriented, highly motivated, and a strong ability to work effectively with diverse groups
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Experience in education
Competitive benefits package offered including 100% employee paid health and dental insurance, life insurance, Annual Simple IRA plan.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to Michelle Anderson, President, email@example.com
This position in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related duties required by their supervisor.
"Junior Achievement has given me a sense of what adults go through with budget issues."
"Junior Achievement reinforced concepts for me to remember later in life."
"I thought the experience was amazing. The presentation was unlike anything I've seen."
"I liked how the Junior Achievement volunteer explained his job to us."