Junior Achievement of Maine Career Opportunities
Junior Achievement of Maine Program Coordinator
APPLICATION DEADLINE: February 2018
POSITION TITLE: Program Coordinator
HIRING SALARY MID-POINT: $30,000-$35,000 based on experience
REPORTS TO: Director of Operations
Implements and manages daily operations of JA programs, assures that all administrative procedures are implemented and that volunteers are secured and trained. The position also increases public awareness for all programs, plans methods of recognition, assures program quality and expansion and maintains strong school relations. Works closely with Director of Operations and provides assistance for all special events.
1. Implements program growth/expansion in Southern Maine 2. Recruits and renews commitments of schools/educators. Develops and delivers presentations to schools/educators.
3. Recruits program volunteers to meet program goals by securing new sources for volunteers and renewals from existing volunteer sources. Develops and delivers recruiting presentations.
4. Assures program quality through email, phone calls, classroom monitoring, participant servicing, and evaluations. Continually provides feedback, program materials, and resources to volunteers and educators.
5. Develops and implements volunteer orientation programs, i.e., securing the location of training, developing orientation materials, scheduling volunteers/educators, ordering program materials, distributing registration and evaluation forms. Submits registration forms to JA USA.
6. Assist with yearly fundraising events including; golf tournament, volunteer recognition events, Hall of Fame events, Titan Challenge, etc.
7. Works with Programs and Volunteers Committee & area boards to provide ongoing reports of unmatched classes 8. Data input educators/volunteers into our database BCRM-register classes
Desired: Experience in education or business and/or familiarity with area schools and businesses.
We are always looking for dedicated staff members who believe in JA's mission and want to educate Maine's youth in financial literacy, entrepreneurship and work readiness. If you are interested in joining our team, please email a cover letter and your resume to Michelle Anderson.
"Junior Achievement has given me a sense of what adults go through with budget issues."
"Junior Achievement reinforced concepts for me to remember later in life."
"I thought the experience was amazing. The presentation was unlike anything I've seen."
"I liked how the Junior Achievement volunteer explained his job to us."