JA of Middle Tennessee Career Opportunities
Instructional Coordinator - JA BizTown and JA STEM Summit (part-time)
About JA BizTown:
About the JA STEM Summit:
- Facilitate simulation activities efficiently and effectively by managing processes for assigned businesses/groups, including hands-on instruction with students;
- Train adult volunteers for their role within the program (this includes presenting to large and small groups, and one-on-one instruction);
- Maintain overall instructional excellence of the program for all stakeholders (teachers, volunteers & students);
- Assist with necessary set up of the JA BizTown facility for student visits and volunteer training sessions;
- Monitor inventory of simulation supplies;
- Assist Manager with various administrative tasks in support of the program, as needed.
- Assist with setup activities at the school to ensure summit is ready for operation.
- Ensure volunteers are trained and orientated as to their assignment
- Monitor modules to ensure they are running as designed & help facilitate where necessary
- Support volunteers & ensure the safety/well-being of all participants
- Assist in the break down at end of the day including returning of summit materials to JA.
Position Schedule: Instructional Coordinators would be expected to be available an average of 3 days per week during the school year (Sept-May). There may also be opportunities to assist with operating JA BizTown Summer Camp. Schedules vary from week to week and match when schools are participating in the program and work hours will range from little/none to 20-25 hrs/week.
REQUIREMENTS - DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Proven experience working with school-aged children (preferably in the 9-17 age range) in an educational setting
- Detail oriented
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment
- Computer literate, ability to troubleshoot computer issues
- Knowledge of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Math) area
CONTACT INFORMATION & PROCEDURE:
"Junior Achievement has given me a sense of what adults go through with budget issues."
"Junior Achievement reinforced concepts for me to remember later in life."
"I thought the experience was amazing. The presentation was unlike anything I've seen."
"I liked how the Junior Achievement volunteer explained his job to us."