JA STEM Summit
Please Email Shelia or call 615-383-9500 to participate or sponsor this great event.
ABOUT THE STEM SUMMIT
- Day-long program held at a high school
- Coordinated by Junior Achievement
- Utilizing 30 business volunteers
- each volunteer has a specific STEM career
- careers are shared with students throughout the day
- Consists of nine 30 minute sessions
- 3 sets of experiments
- 3 sets of competitions
- 3 sets of career panel presentations
- Goal of the Summit
- Inspire students to pursue an academic STEM focus
- Guidance counselors guide them toward appropriate coursework
"Junior Achievement has given me a sense of what adults go through with budget issues."
"Junior Achievement reinforced concepts for me to remember later in life."
"I thought the experience was amazing. The presentation was unlike anything I've seen."
"I liked how the Junior Achievement volunteer explained his job to us."